the12volt.com spacer
icon

2015 Elantra with dball2 goin to fortin

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jameselantra 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2016 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jameselantra
Correct, with light switch in auto or on position.
It is as if the car is removing voltage from light system when unlocking like it would when you start a car.
pentavolvo 
Copper - Posts: 241
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2016 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pentavolvo
Hardware the locks then instead of doing it over data
jameselantra 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2016 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jameselantra
Ok so if I hard wire the locks do I also hard wire the status and alarm disable/enable?
jameselantra 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2016 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jameselantra
hmm just found someone with the same car different hardware (all different) same issues. I guess its the way the car works and there is no way around this.
I might try the hardwired option. I just hope if I hardwired it I will get OEM behavior and not this bug. Be nice to know before doing this lol
jameselantra 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2016 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jameselantra
a youtube video of the problem
Light cut out
Also note Ive been communicating with Fortin about they and let me tell you they have an amazing support staff there. Good company to deal with
The guy I bought my EVO-ALL from is also a good guy.
Im hoping they can fix this.
With the DBALL2 this only happens with unlock, with the EVO-ALL it happens on lock unlock and trunk.
wirewise 
Moderator - Posts: 489
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 29, 2016 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wirewise
I've followed this post from the beginning and thought it was killing the lights upon lock/unlock from the way you described it, but now I see it only momentarily interrupts the lights during lock/unlock. I actually like the feature myself as being a good visual indicator, so I really don't understand all the fuss.
~wirewise~ Verify all wiring with your meter before making any connections!
jameselantra 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2016 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jameselantra
This light cut out is everytime you unlock or lock. sometimes more of a rapid flicker than others. very bad for the LEDs on the interior no???
If I wasnt scared it would hurt the LEDS life I wouldnt care.
the other thing is when I had the DBALL2 it only did it on unlock.
now with the EVO-ALL it does it with unlock lock and trunk.
there is that issue and the fact that once every blue moon the car will crank but not start now 5 times in 4 months 3 on the dball 2 on the evo
wirewise 
Moderator - Posts: 489
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 29, 2016 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wirewise
I doubt that will have any effect on LED's.
With the vehicle running with the key and the lights on, do the lights do the same thing when using the lock/unlock switch in the vehicle? And do they they momentarily turn on/off when the lights are off when you lock/unlock with the switch?
~wirewise~ Verify all wiring with your meter before making any connections!
brownsfan1 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2016 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote brownsfan1
I guess you can try the idatalink ads-alca. I have never seen a Hyundai OT Kia here with the immobilizer so I have never used a can interface on one. I own a Push button start Sonata and mine acts EXACTLY like the OEM remote when I use my Viper remote. I'm using the ADS module in my car. Mine is a 2014.
jameselantra 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2016 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jameselantra
brownsfan1 wrote:
I guess you can try the idatalink ads-alca. I have never seen a Hyundai OT Kia here with the immobilizer so I have never used a can interface on one. I own a Push button start Sonata and mine acts EXACTLY like the OEM remote when I use my Viper remote. I'm using the ADS module in my car. Mine is a 2014.
Are your locks hardwire or d2d?
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic