the12volt.com spacer
icon

Keyless entry, 1993 Ford Explorer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rheinrich76 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2016 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rheinrich76
Thank you all very much. Now all I need to do is buy a digital multimeter and start testing. I work the next couple days so I'll report back when I can. Again, thank you very much for your help!
rheinrich76 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2016 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rheinrich76
Okay, finally got a DMM. I tested the below wires found in my kick panel and here are the results. Do I need to test any other wires? Do you need a pictures of the cluster of wires? What's my next step?
Thank you!
Yellow activates 0.18
Orange is 12 by itself
No white
Only white with green line, white with yellow line.
Pink with yellow line activates 10 on lock press
Yellow with black line 0.20 activates when pressed.
rheinrich76 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2016 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rheinrich76
Are you guys still there?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2016 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Sorry, missed your update post.

I haven't done a 1993 Explorer in many years.  Wasn't taking photos back then either.  Here is the only info I can find :

ReadyRemote :
Power Lock          pink / YELLOW  5wi        driver kick, door harness  
Power Unlock      pink/green  5wi         driver kick, door harness

Bulldog Security :

POWER LOCK PINK / YELLOW (TYPE C)    IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL   
POWER UNLOCK      PINK/LIGHT GREEN (TYPE C)      IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL 

While it is very possible the wire colors have faded with age, you should try to locate two similar gauge wires in DKP

area that are going out to the door.  We are assuming that the locks are the factory system and not an add-on system.

Anyway, the Pink / YELLOW wire you found seems to test correctly as a Type C Lock wire.  Continue searching in that same

harness for the Pink/Light Green Unlock wire. 

Once you have the correct wires, cut them at a convenient accessible location.  Verify the the door lock control buttons no

longer work.  Use the info in the DEI TechTip 1041 to determine which end of the cut wire is the motor and which is the
switch, then wire it up as per the previously mentioned wiring for your new system.  When you are done the door lock
buttons should work and the new system remotes should work also.

Soldering is fun!
rheinrich76 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2016 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rheinrich76
Ok I think I got it. Which of the letters A-E on the diagram that came with my RKE Module do I go by? Which of its wires gets connected to the cars pink wires? "Central locking" has 6 wires available on my module. It seems I only need 4. 2 for each pink wire. Which four?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2016 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Basically the Orange, White and Yellow wires are for lock.  The Yellow wire is Pin 87.  The White wire is Pin 30 and the

Orange wire is Pin 87a.  So for the lock circuit in a Type C vehicle its' :
Yellow to +12V constant through 15 Amp fuse
White to the Motor side of the vehicles Lock wire
Orange to the Switch side of the vehicles Lock wire
The Explorers Lock wire is Pink / YELLOW and found in the DKP.

For the unlock circuit, you will use the same setup with the three wires with the Black tracer as follows :

Yellow/Black to +12V constant (joined with the Yellow wire)
WHITE/ Black to the Motor side of the vehicles Unlock wire
ORANGE / Black to the Switch side of the vehicles Unlock wire
The Explorers Unlock wire is Pink/Light Green and found in the DKP.

Soldering is fun!
rheinrich76 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2016 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rheinrich76
Page 6: Type C: Reverse Polarity of DEI TechTip 1041 only mentions locating the master switch. Am I looking at the right one? I need to know, when I cut the wire, which of the two ends goes to the switch and which end goes to the motor right?
rheinrich76 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2016 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rheinrich76
Ok I have identified the lock and unlock wires and wired how you said. Which of the vehicles wires do the two yellow wires get connected to? What about the RKE's red wire? Obviously the black wire on the RKE goes to a grounded point on the chassis. I also have two reds..one with the black line.
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2016 at 8:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
BLACK/ white in the same harness you found the lock wires is power for the locks. Tap this wire and attach yellow and yellow/black. You can also attach the RKE red wire to the same place. It will all be protected by the Explorer's Power Lock circuit breaker.
rheinrich76 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2016 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rheinrich76
Thanks to everyone who helped me and I appreciate your patience. I made the last connections this morning and it works. Eventually I'd like to get the lights to flash but for now I'm happy. When I do, I know where to go though.
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic