the12volt.com spacer
icon

Cant figure out two step unlock C3RS665

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
klutchman 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2016 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote klutchman
AutoPage C3RS665
Im trying to wire up the 2 step door unlock so that only my drivers door unlocks with one click, then my passenger door and tailgate unlock with a second click (within 3 seconds according to install manual) And in the install manual it says the pink wire is for the two step unlock. Now I just did this yesterday with an AutoPage RF320 in my other vehicle with no issues. Different wire colors, but I figured it out just fine. The problem is, The pink wire in the C3RS665 gives a (-) ground signal the first time that I hit the button at the same time that the Blue wire gives a (-) ground signal to unlock the doors. Im not sure why it does that... Also, I can look this weekend for my paper manual that came with the alarm when im back in town, but until then all I have is an install manual I found online. Shouldn't be an issue, right? Well the wiring schematics are Incomplete in this PDF I have. Also, I have A B C and D Programming and C is the one with the 2 step unlock settings. That being said, my alarm does not fit the same format as the manual.
Example: the manual says I have 4 options, I can select with, say, the unlock button, But It only gives me two or three options, Or vice versa.
Program modes A B and D all work correctly and match up perfectly.
That being said, I still don't understand the reason for the Pink wire (2 step unlock) to trigger (-) ground at the same time but for about twice as long as the Blue wire (Regular unlock (-))
What is the reason for this?
Thanks
klutchman 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2016 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote klutchman
By the way I have a 2001 Toyota Tundra Limited.
The forum said to mention that in a comment.
However, I isolated the system by completely unplugging the lock/unlock GREEN/ blue wire harness from the alarm so that there Couldn't be any power backfeeding into the alarm to cause this.
carrancher 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2016 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote carrancher
Hi,
Did you solve this problem?
I have a RF-425 Autopage and having similar problem.
klutchman wrote:
By the way I have a 2001 Toyota Tundra Limited.
The forum said to mention that in a comment.
However, I isolated the system by completely unplugging the lock/unlock GREEN/ blue wire harness from the alarm so that there Couldn't be any power backfeeding into the alarm to cause this.
klutchman 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2016 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote klutchman
No I never did. As far as Im concerned, the alarm module is messed up. I wired my two step unlock with a 12v delay timer and a relay instead. It worked until the cheap delay timer gave up. A higher quality one will last longer though

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic