the12volt.com spacer
icon

2003 dodge ram diesel, viper 5706v

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
scootwa 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2016 at 4:08 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote scootwa
I'm running a Viper smart start gps model number 5706v with plenty. Everything was installed by a certified dealer installer. The trouble I'm having is i keep getting an erroneous alarm. No specific time or weather. I've been sitting at home I hear the chirp look and no dome light or anything alarm goes off. My remote and txt messages say door trigger. I've had it back 3 times with no luck. It's hooked to dome supervision. Any ideas? I've talked to the shop about running actual door triggers vs dome supervision but there telling me not likely the fix.
pts760 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2016 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pts760
How long does it take after you have shut the vehicle off, lock, and close the doors for this to happen?
I drink current, eat ohms, and bleed voltage
pts760 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2016 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pts760
I would definitely switch your door trigger input from the dome light supervision to a actual door trigger(s)..sounds like your getting a false ground reading through the circuit they tied into for the door trigger once the BCM has shut down
scootwa 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2016 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote scootwa
Lately its been good. But the last two days its gone off once about an hour after parked. And today maybe 20 minutes after being parked. I'm going to take it back to the installer and have them wired to door triggers vs dome supervision. Thanks for the replies
scootwa 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2016 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote scootwa
So if I was to diode isolate this to door triggers. Do i use a diode per wire from each trigger to the door input trigger on the alarm. I took it back to the installer. They warrantied out the module but unlike my request of door trigger vs dome supervision they left it the same and as you might guess false alarm first night. Help would be appreciated. I have the diodes. Just need a little clarification on installation thanks
pts760 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2016 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pts760
In the site go to...download/manuals...search tech doc 1076. Disregard the ford literature but that is how it has to be done
scootwa 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2016 at 6:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote scootwa
Should the alarm go off with no door triggers attached? Aka no wire hooked up at all? Because the trigger wire is unplugged and the thing still went off this morning. I was waiting for the diodes to come in.
pts760 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2016 at 9:06 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pts760
No it shouldn't go off. Is there any sensors hooked up? Doesn't the smart start tell you what triggered the alarm
scootwa 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2016 at 9:16 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote scootwa
There are no other triggers hooked up except the hood pin at this moment. The smart start tells me the door is open. My key fob when the alarm goes off says door. The text and email from the smartstart won't tell me what triggered until you open the app and actually look at the my car screen.
pts760 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2016 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pts760
I would disconnect the hood pin and see if that does anything for test purposes. Also, What did they use for a bypass module? Do you have a grey or black ignition key?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic