the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper remote smartstart system issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cuda1979 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2016 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cuda1979
Hi I have a 2005 Dodge Ram I just had a viper vss3001 smartstart system installed but the installer could not get it to work. They told me that the smartstart module was not communicating so I found a wiring diagram online and started checking things out I found that the wiring was not right so I got the wiring hooked up right and now the smartstart module has both LEDs on and they stay on. The problem I'm having is the Dball module led when I plug in the module in the red led comes on then it turns Orange for three seconds then go off and I can't get it to work so I'm stuck. Any ideas what I might have going on here?
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2016 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
Is the DBALL flashed with the correct firmware? I believe it should be the 401 Chrysler 2.04 version.
What do you mean that you can't get it to work? It doesn't program?
What wires from the DBALL are connected to what on the vehicle?
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
cuda1979 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2016 at 10:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cuda1979
Hi thanks for responding. I was told by the installer that it has been flashed with the right firmware but im not sure of that so I have ordered the xkloader2 to make sure. What I mean by I can't get it to work is it will not enter programming mode for the remotes. I have the wires hooked up how the wiring diagram shows they should be. like I said the installer did not have it right. They could not get the vsm200 module to communicate with the dball2. I have that fixed but I am not getting a green light on the dball2 at all. I'm hoping it's the programming that's not right I get the xkloader Tuesday so I will find out then if that's the problem or not.
cuda1979 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2016 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cuda1979
Ok so I got the xkloader2 and tried to program the 4x10 module but it did not communicate or power up so I thought ok the module must be bad so I ordered a new 4x10 module. Got the new module to day and I still have the same problem. Does anyone have any ideas way my xkloader2 is not connecting to my 4x10 module? My computer can see the xkloader2 but not the 4x10. Not sure what's going on.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2016 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
Flash the DBALL
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
cuda1979 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2016 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cuda1979
Yeah I wish I could but like I said I can't get the module to show up with the xkloader2 so I'm not sure what's going on.
cuda1979 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2016 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cuda1979
Up date I got module programmed. Still no luck. I still can't get the system to go into programming mode so I can pair the remotes. I evan bought a new 4x10 module because I mine was bad but that was not it. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I might try next?

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic