the12volt.com spacer
icon

Problems with Avital 4103L in 2013 Toyota Tacoma

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lxiv 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2016 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lxiv
I just had an Avital 4103L installed in my 2013 Toyota Tacoma, and I have reason to believe it wasn't installed correctly. I have a few questions that I was hoping someone could help with.
1. If I manually lock the doors, I cannot then unlock them with the Avital remote, unless I first remote start the vehicle.
2. If I use the OEM fob, the amber turn signals flash when I lock/unlock. However, when I use the Avital fob, the brake lights flash when I lock/unlock. If the headlights are in the on position, no lights flash at all during lock/unlock.
3. I asked them to put it in silent mode, so that the horn wouldn't honk during lock/unlock. Instead, they just failed to connect it to the horn at all.
4. The hood switch was still in the box when I picked up the truck. I had to specifically ask them to install it. Shouldn't that have been standard?
5. One click on the Avital fob unlocks both doors. Is there a way to program it so it is like the OEM fob, and one click does the driver's door, two clicks does remaining doors?
Are these issues limitations of the system, or was it installed incorrectly?? Thanks in advance!
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2016 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote beegbie
1: They wired it wrong. If this is fixed, it will take care of both #1 and #5.
2: The avital should flash the park lights. I'm guessing your mistaken when you say it flashes the brake lights? If the lights are on there is no way for the avital to flash them.
3: They can hook up the horn so you have panic. Not difficult.
4: I wouldn't install that 2 cent hood pin that comes with the kit. It will only cause the remote start not to work. If you really want a hood pin, look into buying a factory Toyota one and installing it. Not cheap but possible.
5: See #1 response.
lxiv 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2016 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lxiv
Thanks for the info! The owner is going to take a look at it tomorrow and sort out the installation issues. I appreciate your insight.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic