the12volt.com spacer
icon

2000 intrepid Python 881xp Door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
michaelrj9 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2016 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote michaelrj9
I have a 2000 Intrepid that I had a Python 881xp professionally installed 15 years ago and now I having a problem with the door locks with the remote after a recent dash replacement. (removed the dash before with no problems years ago. Other features of the alarm work correctly.
The 881xp uses the 451M relay module. The blue & green wires from the 451m have 2 different resistors soldered to them. (one resistor on each wire)
Do those blue and green wires from the 451m go to the same wire in the cars factory harness, in my car it should be the WHITE/ Dark Green in the drivers kick panel? or am I missing a wire?
I just did not want to hook those 2 wires to the same door lock trigger wire and short something or fry something and cause a big problem.
I believe I just have a break in those wires going to the WHITE/ Dark Green in the drivers kick panel. When I took the tape off the connection the wires were broke but could not tell if I was missing a wire or the blue and green wires from the 451m get tied together at the resistor going to the factory harness WHITE/ Dark Green in the drivers kick panel.
Thanks
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2016 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Both 451M output wires go to the same WHITE/ Green vehicle wire.  The resistor values should be 2.7k ohm for Lock and
620 ohm for Unlock.  The goof is that it is a (+) trigger lock system, so make sure that the 15 Amp fuse in the Violet and
Violet/Black wires is still good and that it is connected to a +12V constant source and that the other 3 Pin harness is
securely connected to the Viper.
Soldering is fun!
michaelrj9 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2016 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote michaelrj9
Thanks for the verification.
How exact do the resistors need to be?
I went to Radio Shack and if I remember correctly they have a 2.2k and a 670 Ohm.
Is there a range that would be acceptable or do they need to be exact?
Thanks
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2016 at 10:15 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
If it works, it's all good.  Typically a + / - 10% tolerance is OK.  If you are too far off, it won't hurt anything, the locks just won't respond to the Python.  The correct value resistors should be included in the 451M package.
Soldering is fun!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic