the12volt.com spacer
icon

Clifford 5706 wiring.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2016 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Doesn't matter though I think you're technically wrong it's a 12V+ ign minus the 1.5-3 V+ of the pulsing wire and the unit looks for that pulsing to seer tach you can measure it with a meter set to 20VAC, you'll get 1.5-5 V+ at idle on AC setting on your digital multi-meter.
d4enx 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2016 at 3:29 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote d4enx
ok so i think im as clued up as im going to get, looking at these wiring diagrams for the interior light and i right in thinking that if going to the interior light the door latch wires from the alarm go to the black and blue wire (pin 3) on the gem module and that i must follow the ford 1076 wiring diagram to diode them in a Y, so both wires each with a diode to that one wire?
Clifford 5706 wiring. - Page 2 -- posted image.
failing that there is the door latch wires them selfs seen in this diagram.
and then will do the same for the tailgate wire.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2016 at 3:59 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Yes, 4 diodes plus one at hatch.
Pins 21 and 22. Hatch should be BLACK/ blue always picked up that one in loom at passenger side floor.
d4enx 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2016 at 5:25 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote d4enx
perfect, thanks for your help mate ill let you know how i get on.
d4enx 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2016 at 1:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote d4enx
ok so im going to make a start on wiring this alarm in today, again these are some really simple questions i have but i want to make sure i understand it 100% as i dont want to have to start undoing what im going to do.
what i believe to be the module i need to tap into for most of the smaller gauge wires has 2 plugs on it as i have a 2 door, but there numbered 1-16 on each. some of the wiring diagrams requir pins e.g. pins 21 and 22, am i missing something onbvious or am i looking in the wrong place?
also am i able to test each wire by sending it to ground to ensure it does what i want it to?.
and would the high gauge accesory wire be used? im asuming this it one from the ignition barrel that is 12v when ignition is on but not when cranking?
also i had an old toad alarm fitted which ive now removed and some of the wires going to the gem module and the drives door loom bridge across each other, is this normal or so i remove these?
thanks.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2016 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
You're making a simple job over complicated.
Throw away the DMM and use a Snap-On test light with an incandescent bulb.
Then just test the door lock triggers are at plugs on end of the module, door open at the other end. Indicators blue and blue red are in the middle.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2016 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Use the orange high current ACC wire, remove the Toad wires then check everything functions before proceeding.
d4enx 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2016 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote d4enx
I more than likely am however I've got most of the wires wired in and am going to finish the rest tomorrow, after asking about the gem module on another forum I've had multiple people tell me that these plugs and the box is not the GEM module and that the early focus's (which mine is) hasn't got a GEM module, well that's thrown me completly. Basically all I have left to do that I'm unsure of is the door lock/unlock wires, now I'm in doubt that I have a gem module and most of the wiring diagrams I have seem useless to me now. To be perfectly honest for these 2 wires I don't know where to start.
I've removed the toad alarm and put the wiring that was obviously not standard or that had been cut etc.. back to normal and everything working as it should again.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2016 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
BLACK/ orange lock and BLACK/ green unlock pins 13 and 16 on the green plug TB2/3 see the photos above. Test by grounding each with passenger door shut and driver's door catch thrown over, I believe you will also need to push in the contact switch on the door shut.And yes ALL Focuses had the GEM, installing alarms since 98/9 there was an electrics change in 2000/1 but the GEM was always there.
Plug TB2 Has the driver and passenger door triggers plus possibly low current NEG hatch release and also hatch trigger though I wire the release at the switch and the hatch trigger left front as previously explained.
Come to think of it your GEM plugs don't contain indicator wires (blue and blue/red) they will be at the hazard switch which makes your vehicle the early version wiring pre-2001.
d4enx 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2016 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote d4enx
Well so far so good I've got everything wired in and working apart from the door open and tailgate open wires. I wanted to go to the interior light but for some reason the light is constantly on even with the doors closed. Will try and figure out the problem but I've found the door ajar switch wires that go to ground when the doors open, but struggling to find the tailgate switch that does the same.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic