the12volt.com spacer
icon

Aps997E remote starting when armed

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kyletx87 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2016 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kyletx87
Hello. I'm sure I have just a simple wiring mix up but needing some help confirming what is exactly going on.
Car is a 1987 Camaro. Alarm installed is Prestige Aps997E.
When my vehicle is disarmed, It will remote start just fine.
When it is armed and I try to, it will not remote start. I can hear accessories turn on but it never cranks.
I think it has something to do with the starter inhibit wiring and needing to ground when armed to start, but I'm not exactly sure what to check for.
Anyone have any advice or what wire I need to be looking at.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2016 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

I'm guessing that the APS997E's thick Yellow Starter wire is connected to the wrong side of the Starter Kill relay's cut on the vehicles starter wire.

See diagram below :

Aps997E remote starting when armed -- posted image.

thick Yellow Starter Output wire :

NOTE: This wire must be connected to the vehicle side of the starter cut relay (when used).

Soldering is fun!
kyletx87 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2016 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kyletx87
That could very well be possible. I can't remember how I did it when it was wired.
Would that allow it to remote start when disarmed but not when armed?
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2016 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Yes.  When the APS997E is not armed the relay will not open the Starter wire during a start up attempt.  If the APS997E Starter wire is connected "wrong side" of the interrupted vehicle Starter wire and the APS997E is armed, the Starter signal from the key switch or the APS997E can't get through the relay to the cars starter circuit and engage the starter motor.
Soldering is fun!
kyletx87 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2016 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kyletx87
Awesome. Got a chance to dive into it today and that was the issue. Thank you for your assistance.
kreg357 
Posted: May 03, 2016 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
     Aps997E remote starting when armed -- posted image.
Soldering is fun!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic