the12volt.com spacer
icon

Remote start and add on shock sensor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ramontr 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2016 at 11:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ramontr
Hello all
I have 06 chrylser 300c I am going to install flashlight FLRSCH5 plug and play remote start and dei 504k add on shock sensor soon. Both of which need to be connected to door pin, rap shutdown for remote start and door trigger for shock sensor. My question is can I connect both wire to the same splice point on door pin wire or do they have to have separate connections at different points as to not interfere with eachother
ramontr 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2016 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ramontr
Any ideas
ramontr 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2016 at 1:10 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ramontr
Still looking for ideas please
rraider1 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2016 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rraider1
Connecting them to different parts of the same stretch of wire is the same as connecting them at the same point.
ramontr 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2016 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ramontr
Alright took some time to talk myself into it but finally got them installed hooking both system to see door pin kept making door ajar on dash. After disconnecting I connected remote start to front door pin to uses raps and connected shock to rear door, everything working like it should. One question I have is about the shock sensor wires. I only have the blue wire hooked up for instant trigger but not sensitive enough for me will hooking warn wire (green) trigger full alarm with lighter hits or will the factory alarm not recognize the warn?
ramontr 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2016 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ramontr
Only asking cause I live in a neighborhood with eldearly and don't feel like passing them off by setting off the alarm for to long of a time to test for the right wiring
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2016 at 1:04 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Always diode isolate multiple triggers when connecting to the same wire. For negative triggers you would connect the diodes together to the vehicle with the bands towards the shock sensor and RAP wire.
Depends on whether the door pin will trigger with a short pulse or not as the warn away is about 50ms. If you want to hook them together you will need to isolate them with diodes also.
There should be a adjustment for the shock sensor that effects only the sensitivity of the blue wire output.
So hooking the Green wire together with the blue will make it nonadjustable so I don't recommend it!
If you want to add a GWA (Ground When Armed) to control the shock sensor with door locks use this:
ADW1212TW Latching Relay for adding a GWA.
Remote start and add on shock sensor -- posted image.This should be right if not and it works in reverse just swap the lock an unlock wires.
Wire ground from 504K to GWA This will keep the warn away (Green) from honking the horn when ignition is off and doors are unlocked.
Ignition still needs to be hooked up so shock sensor stays off also, to keep the auto door locks from turning on the GWA if doors lock when driving.
Relay to make the horn honk shortly. By wiring 504K Green to relay pin 85, 86 to +12v and 87 to the required input for the horn (+ or -), and 30 to horn wire. Use a DMM to test the horn wire for polarity and use the matching polarity for the 87 on relay.
No Warn away chirp is for aftermarket alarms with sirens that support it. But using the relay above will get you a single short horn honk.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic