the12volt.com spacer
icon

Which alarm system to choose for my requirements

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mascip 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2016 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mascip
Hi, I want a simple alarm system which will ring if any of three doors is open while the alarm is armed (it is not for a car but for a boat). I would like to have four transmitters/fobs, and to be able to replace them easily in the UK.
I have looked at the Pyle PWD701 for example, but it only has two transmitters. When I asked the company where to find more transmitters, they said: "Just purchase another PWD701 system to get two more transmitters". This is expensive and seems nonsensical to me.
Is there any alarm system out there, that I can easily find cheap transmitters for?
mascip 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2016 at 2:15 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mascip
Bump.
Is there no alarm which fits my requirements?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2016 at 8:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
The answer to your question would be to Google "car alarms in the UK" then ask the manufacturers/importers that question. This is a US site, the average contributor has no idea what's on sale in Europe.
mascip 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2016 at 8:51 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mascip
Thank you! I hadn't realise that this is a US forum.
I will probably end up doing that, then.
tonanzith 
Gold - Posts: 593
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 22, 2016 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tonanzith
Clifford Alarms
clifford is also known as viper. in my opinion the BEST world wide and readily available in the UK. above is a link to where you can purchase and also purchase spare remotes with no hassle and NO need to purchase a second alarm system. any basic alarm from them will work for what you need.
Gary Sather
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2016 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Also the most expensive Gary, the importer is Car Audio and Security or just go to Clifford.co.uk
tonanzith 
Gold - Posts: 593
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 22, 2016 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tonanzith
I apologize but the OP did not specify: he requested an alarm and info. I simply replied with the information I have available for the UK. In my opinion and experience if a person has a boat worth protecting, they have the resources to purchase a quality system. regardless, it is the only info I have for the UK and it SHOULD be of useful service to the OP.
Gary Sather
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2016 at 1:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Quite right we both know you get what you pay for.
mascip 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2016 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mascip
Thank you tonanzith :-)
It is expensive indeed: like £100 instead of £30. And one remote costs as much as the whole Pyle system which contains two remotes.
Is the quality really that much better? I tried to find comparizons online, but didn't find anything very relevant.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic