the12volt.com spacer
icon

2005 Pacifica Aftermarket Stereo Install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
misha326 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2016 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote misha326
Trying to integrate the amp without a wiring harness. I have the 22 pin all connected but the problem is where do all the wires go for the satellite/amp. Since there is a WHITE/ violet in from the 22 but nothing connected to that pin, we connected it directly to the amp WHITE/ purple. blk/tan is to black. gray/yel is to yel. org/tan is to org. GREEN/ gray is to red. That leaves me with the audio out mux for L, R, and Center out. Where do these three connect? Since there is only 2 channels for audio, we connected LF+ and LR+ to L+, LF- and LR- to L-, then same for R side. Also there is gray/org that connects with blue/white on the harness labeled as amp remote. I am guessing that this needs acc pwr rather than constant. Can someone please point me in the right direction. I have the full wiring chart for pac downloaded to refer to. If we have to bypass the amp we can but we'd rather use it.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 14, 2016 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
That amplifier turns on via data. If you do not want to purchase the appropriate harness you will have to bypass the amplifier. Do not know how much time you have or how much your time is worth, but the harness will be a much wiser choice.
misha326 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2016 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote misha326
Yeah, using a harness usually is but we can't afford to drop more money into this fix. I'm going to try bypassing and hopefully that will do the trick. Thanks for the reply.
misha326 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2016 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote misha326
Found instructions to bypass amp but now I have no power going to the radio. I checked both inline fuses and they look good and the radio fuse under the hood looks good. I ran new wire for the 4 door speakers from the radio harness to the wires in the right rear side cubby. According to the Pacifica diagram (2004-2006), the RED / org is fused+ and connected to yellow, the pnk/org is acc and connected to red, black ground connected to blk/grn, and that leaves a solid blue on radio labeled remote amp, and 3 wires on car harness labeled pci bus (wht/vil), antenna (gry/org), and panel lamps driver(org/gry) (oh and grays and purples for L & R audio).
The only thing left on the bypass instructions says "if power is supplied through antenna, connect solid blue antenna to solid red ignition. Otherwise connect blue/white amp turn on to solid red ignition." I tried each way and still have no power to radio.
Help would be greatly appreciated as I have never run into bypassing an amp like this. Thanks.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic