the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper's main harness

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
5corpio 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2016 at 2:13 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 5corpio
Thank you! I have been busy with life and now I want to continue with the remote start.
The remote open and closes doors, light the parking lights, make alarm if the doors are locked but the vehicle doesn't starts.
The problem is that the remote start does not work. I get 7 flashes, as error status. I.e. manual transmission mode error. I know that to start in the manual mode, the vehicle should be started with they key in ignition, e brake should be engaged, then press the remote start button, shut down the vehicle, exist (door trigger is activated), and then it can be remotely started. The trouble is when I start the vehicle with its key, and press the remote start, I get a remote start error on the LCD but no flashing lights. I am not sure what's causing this problem. Any insight?
5corpio 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2016 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 5corpio
Just an update, I have turned the mode from manual transmission to automatic, held the clutch and attempt to remote start the vehicle. The starter cranks and attempts to start the vehicle but it won't run. Any idea as where to go from here?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2016 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Bypass module? Any "Security" type light on the instrument cluster during the attempt?
Try a R/S with the key head held next to the ignition switch.
Soldering is fun!
5corpio 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2016 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 5corpio
Security lights as parking lights? No. If I have the key in ON position, the remote start works. At this time, the module, flashes orange and red 3 times and then flashes green.
5corpio 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2016 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 5corpio
So the remote start works if the key is either in or right beside the ignition. Any idea as how to proceed?
5corpio 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2016 at 12:09 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 5corpio
Just an update, a hard reset on the dball and it now starts the vehicle with clutch depressed (i.e. automatic mode). Now I have to make it work for the manual transmission mode!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2016 at 6:09 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
So the no start problem was due to the DB-ALL2 w/TL4 firmware not completely programmed and bypassing the G chip
transponder system. ( I'm guessing on the DB-ALL2 because you really haven't supplied us all that necessary info. )
A hard reset on the DB-ALL2 fixed that problem. That's good, one down and one to go.
For proper safe operation, you must be in Manual Transmission Mode. MT mode needs several things setup and working
properly to function, as follows :
1. The Viper must have the Neutral Safety Input connected to the FJ's Parking Brake.
2. The Viper must monitor all the door and trunk triggers.
3. The FJ's clutch interlock switch must be bypassed during the remote start operation.
4. You must set the Viper to run in Tach Mode and do a successful Tach Learn.
Numbers 1,2 and 4 should be handled by the D2D connection between the Viper and the DB-ALL2. The DB-ALL2 obtains
these signals from the FJ and passes them along to the Viper. If you are not going D2D, these DB-ALL2 output
signals must be hard wired between the modules. ( Again on the guessing part. )
The last piece of the install is the clutch bypass. As mentioned above, this should only happen during a remote
start, so that the FJ and it's safety features are intact and operate normally at all other times. Here is the
info from Omega :
Clutch Pedal     VIOLET/RED (+)     @ CLUTCH PEDAL SWITCH 2 PIN CONN, PIN 2
Using the Viper, you must get a (+) signal to the above wire during a remote start. Here is one good way to do it.
Obtain a 30/40 Amp SPDT relay w/harness and a inline fuse holder with 3 amp fuse. Using a DMM verify that the wire
listed above gets +12V when the clutch pedal is depressed all the way to the floor. Wire the relay as follows :
Relay Pin 85 to Viper (-) 200mA Status Output ( still guessing D2D mode and this wire is not used for the DB-ALL2 )
Relay Pin 86 and 87 to +12V through the fuse
Relay Pin 30 to VIOLET/RED (+)     @ CLUTCH PEDAL SWITCH 2 PIN CONN, PIN 2
Switch the Viper back to MTS mode, verify TACH Mode and Tach Learn. Go through the Reservation Mode entry procedure
and try a remote start. You can stay seated in the FJ to watch / listen to the startup.
Soldering is fun!
5corpio 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2016 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 5corpio
Thanks a bunch for your detail reply. I have done 1,2, and 4. But in regards to option 3, what's a difference if I bypass the relay in automatic mode or manual mode?
The e brake would be still my neutral switch and the clutch will be bypassed anyway. No? I appreciate your insight!
5corpio 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2016 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 5corpio
I understand that I need to do the following for the manual transmission mode to work:
1. connect the e-brake to neutral safety switch.
2. connect the brake safety shut down.
3. By-pass the clutch with relay. (testing using foot on the clutch atm).
4. Connect and learn the tach.
However, the remote start won't work when the vehicle is on and running. I get a remote error. I understand that it is necessary to have the vehicle running while the vehicle is on and ebrake is engaged, then press the remote start, open and close the driver door, shut down the vehicle with remote start, and now it can be started in manual mode. Correct?
So why doesn't my remote start, gets an error when I turn the vehicle on in manual transmission mode but it can turn on when car is running in automatic mode? Any insight is appreciated.
I'm gonna go pick up a relay to bypass the clutch.
kreg357 
Posted: May 27, 2016 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
The Vipers' Reservation Mode entry procedure is to allow the Viper to verify that the engine is running when the
last door is closed. At this point the Viper is able to safely verify that the engine is running, assume no one is
in the vehicle, the clutch pedal is up and the transmission is in Neutral. Next the Viper locks all the doors and
monitors them. If any door is opened, Reservation Mode is cancelled. This is because it is possible that someone
entered the vehicle and moved the shifter into gear. The Viper has no way of knowing if the shifter is still in
neutral. Remember that you are bypassing the clutch pedal interlock and starting the engine. If the transmission
was in gear, the vehicle will move even with the Parking Brake engaged. Check out YouTube for videos of car's
being remote started and going into stores, through garage doors, down the street or into ponds. And of course
the worst case scenario, running over a child playing in the driveway. The liability is tremendous so you don't
want to run in Automatic Trans mode because "you always leave the shifter in neutral".....
Of course we are still not sure if you are going D2D or W2W between the Viper and the DB-ALL2. This is important
info that will aid the forum members to help you.
Not sure of the error you are getting when you try to enter Reservation Mode but please review the above listed
MTS requirements.
1. Are you in Tach Mode with the Tach signal learned?
2. Is the EBrake signal from the DB-ALL2 getting to the Viper Neutral Safety input?
3. Are the Door triggers getting from the DB-ALL2 to the Viper?
These are things that must be setup and working correctly prior to going into reservation mode. I would suggest
that if you have any concerns, that you bring the FJ into a 12 Professional shop and have them finish this job.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic