the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

02 avalanche domelight and locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
one92rs 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2016 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote one92rs
Truck----2002 chevy avalanche with factory remotes.
Alarm----Crimestopper SP-202
Goal----install myself
i have gotten all the colors for the wiring from
1. https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=25693
and
2. https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=7365
only parts not totally sure about. door locks i believe i need the relays installed ( https://www.the12volt.com/doorlocks/page3.asp#3wp )
but i am unsure on the domelight and mirror light activation.
   A. will hooking up the factory alarm (oem) disarm wire (WHITE/ red) from cromestopper directly to the bcm activate the domelight supervision? or will i have to wire it in with a relay using the domelight supervision wire black and white. or both???
   B. i suppose the factory (oem) disarm wire will have to be hooked up no matter what or no?   light green on bcm???
thanks a lot.
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2016 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
These trucks have a hybrid lock system. The front door locks are activated by CAN data to the "door modules". You have to go into both doors, install 2 relays in each door, plus make connections at the BCM for the rear doors. You also pick up the lt green dis-arm wire in the door. It goes to the door module, not to the BCM. It never comes out of the door.
Even though bypass modules are usually utilized for Remote Start systems, you may be able to use one for the locks. Would simplify not having to do all the work in both doors.
For dome lightt supervision I'd suggest picking up the wire at the dash switch. Dk blu/wht. Also available at the BCM B9. It is (-) trigger, no relay required as long as the Crimestopper output is (-).
Why are you adding an alarm / RKE to the Avalanche? The factory system is pretty good because it has an ECM fuel-cut incorporated into it. Not sure what you're gaining.
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,366
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2016 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Ween
Didn't the data bus controlled locks begin with the 2003 model year?
2002 and prior positive trigger at BCM.
Factory alarm disarm is needed.
Domelight supervision could be checked with factory disarm, unlock door with key with factory system armed.
Could trigger a door input to BCM.
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2016 at 7:14 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
Ween wrote:
Didn't the data bus controlled locks begin with the 2003 model year?
You're probably correct.
Too bad I can't edit the erroneous info. Thanks for the correction.
one92rs 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2016 at 10:07 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote one92rs
the fact that I can have a shock sensor and a siren. mostly piece of mind for my wife.
so I can find the lt/green disarm wire say in the left kick panel?
ok the crimestopper I have has neg door lock pulse. will need relays if they are positive.
will try the domelight checks.
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,366
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2016 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Ween
disarm wire at BCM, easiest place I've found. Same for door locks, door triggers, horn, parking lights, domelight.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic