the12volt.com spacer
icon

5706v works fine but always shows shock trip

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
apheod 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2016 at 2:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote apheod
I recently installed a 5706v in my 2005 GTO as security only, no remote start harnesses are being used. Using tilt sensor, remote battery, shock sensor, and glass break sensor, picking up the factory triggers for trunk and hood. Diodes are used everywhere they should be. IIRC, my glass break sensor is in line with my shock sensor, but I haven't pulled it back down to check.
Everything with the alarm works as it should except for one thing, when I arm it, one chirp, no warnings on the remote, everything seems normal. but when I disarm, I get four chirps, "alarm report, shock sensor" with the hammer signal. It doesn't go off, and the shock sensor functions as it should if I test it while it's armed, but I always get the same alarm report when I disarm it.
Any suggestions before I go digging into my dash? I ask before doing it because I really buried everything. Thanks in advance!
tonanzith 
Gold - Posts: 593
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 05, 2016 at 12:02 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tonanzith
You still need to hook up the ignition wire from the remote start harness. This is the only positive ignition input on the alarm which the brain needs to see to clear out alert warnings such as shock sensor door trigger etc...
Gary Sather
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2016 at 2:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
This should be in "Hot Topics". Seen this come up many times. I wonder first why people buy the remote start version when there's a standard DEI alarm only with the same or similar LCD remotes for a lot less money but in ALL cases wire up ignition.
apheod 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2016 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote apheod
OK, I can hook that up pretty easily when I pull it back down.
Just the one wire, the rest of the remote start harness is fine left unhooked?
I'm using the 5706 for the longer range remote, the Viper security systems, don't offer it. If there is another DEI brain with security alone that I could direct swap, I might consider doing that just to have the spare remotes.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2016 at 3:12 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Fair enough the rest is left unhooked in fact you can just plug a lighter gauge wire in using an insulated faston terminal and save that loom.
apheod 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2016 at 1:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote apheod
I finally got around to running a fused (20a) run from the solid red plug in the starter harness, 12v ignition, straight to the ignition wire (orange, steering column, 2005 GTO, tested beforehand) and tried again, but I'm still getting the same shock trip.
Do I need to reset it somehow? I disconnected the main power when I did this, but not the backup battery. Do I need to split to the other ignition slots on the remote start harness? Run relays? I have not yet soldered the wire in, I tightly wrapped it around for testing, so I have some room to play here.
apheod 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2016 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote apheod

I asked on Facebook group and got the response that it's the pink #10 wire, ignition input/output, in the remote start harness that I want to connect to my ignition wire at the steering column rather than the red one, #5, which is 12v ignition input.

Does this sound right?

geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 22, 2016 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
Yes, the pink wire is ignition sense.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
apheod 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2016 at 1:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote apheod
Switched that wire over to #10 in the harness, where the pink wire sits and plugged it back in, worked like a charm. Thanks again!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic