the12volt.com spacer
icon

Sigma S30 immobiliser circuit for newbie

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
3rdgen8284 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2016 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 3rdgen8284
Hello everyone, newbie here so be gentle!
On this S30 there are two immobilisation circuits which consist of two wires each. One side goes to the key side of the starter circuit, the other to the solenoid side. Same idea with the fuel pump. The instructions state they are capable of carrying 18 amps max but they're so thin, I just don't think it's safe.
What I'd like to do is use a relay to power the circuits but I don't know how to wire them up.
Any help/diagrams would be great because I'm stuck and can't continue with my wiring until this is sorted out.
Many thanks in advance
Rich
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2016 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Don't they are perfectly capable and just do the starter, double up on the wiring!
Don't neither ignition nor fuel pump, very unsafe, a joint can come lose as you're travelling at speed, BTW, though I haven't installed Sigma product for around 20 years it was very good and perfectly adequate.
Except most aftermarket immobiliser take me about 10 minutes to disable and get the car going.
3rdgen8284 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2016 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 3rdgen8284
Well this is for an American car and it's pulling around 15 amps with a NEW starter so as it wears it's going to pull more and more then take out the immobiliser circuits like they do in the TVRs, which is why I was asking.
Ten minutes is a long time when you gotta disable the security, find a steering wheel and gearstick and get the steering lock off and find the tracker and once you've done that you'll be covered in smart water, so you ain't getting away with it!!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2016 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
But you didn't mention those other things so why bother with an immobiliser?
But joking aside ONLY cut the starter and by the way if there's a starter relay it certainly won't be drawing 15 amps at the switch.
3rdgen8284 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2016 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 3rdgen8284
Ok, thanks a lot for this, appreciate the advice :)

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic