the12volt.com spacer
icon

2010 Accord Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
paul992134 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2016 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote paul992134
Hello
I am fairly new with remote starters and have a couple questions before I get started. I am using a Pro start CT-3271 with an evo-all bypass flashed with firmware version 79.13. I want to use the data link cable option. Accord is manual transmission.
The EVO wiring diagram includes the required wires for the remote start. I have hooked up everything in the EVO diagram and nothing happens when I plug in the remote start (parking lights should flash) this is before programing the bypass module.
The pro Start instructions say the module will look for the handbrake(-), door pin(-) and tach connection, However the EVO instructions don't say to hook those up when using the data link cable.
Please see attached image for the connections I have made. (EVO Wiring Diagram for manual)
Thanks very much for anyone who can help
2010 Accord Remote Start - Last Post -- posted image.
Paul
paul992134 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2016 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote paul992134
I am trying to get the basics down for installing my first R/S. I have read lots on this site and it is very helpful.
I am testing the wire that should be the (-)door trigger. This is (- ground) when the door is open and (+12v) when the door is closed. Is that the correct wire?
It's ok that the Remote Start gets a 12v input when the door is closed? that seems weird to me if it's looking for a (-)
Paul
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2016 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
I'll start things off but I'm sure there is a ProStart installer out there that can help, too.
First, I have never used a ProStart unit. While I do use the EVO-ALL, I rarely go D2D. I prefer going W2W.
Anyway, here are a few thoughts.
The way I interpret the CT-3271 install guide, you can go full 2 way D2D if you are using DBI D2D protocol. If
you use ADS of Fortin protocol, it's one way* only. So if you want to go D2D and 2 way, you must select Option
F3 from the EVO-ALL Options Menu in the FlashLink Manager program prior to the actual module F/W flash. This
will set the EVO-ALL to DBI D2D comm protocol to allow 2 way comm with the CT-3271.
* One way vs two way -- In one way comm, commands are only sent from the R/S to the bypass module. In two way
comm, the bypass module can send info to the R/S besides accepting commands. One example, in one way the R/S
sends a Lock command. In two way the bypass module can send out the door status signal. Notice the In and
Out notations on each wire on the EVO-ALL install diagram.
The next issue is the CT-3271 not making the Accords Parking Lights flash. If you look at the EVO-ALL chart
on Page 1 it shows you exactly what the EVO-ALL will do but in this case the CT-3271 is controlling the Parking
Lights. With the Accord, you must use the CT-3271 Yellow/White (-) Parking Light output, not the Yellow (+)
Parking Light output wire. If the Parking Lights are not flashing, the problem is with the CT-3271. Also note
that the EVO-ALL diagram is rather generic on the R/S side. Specifically, your CT-3271 does not have a (-) Starter
output for the Clutch bypass. They suggest you use the (-) GWR signal for this important task.
After that comes the CT-3271 programming issue. The CT-3271 needs to see certain inputs to enter into programming
mode. These inputs come from the EVO-ALL via the D2D harness ( two way signals ). Therefore the EVO-ALL must
be properly programming to the Accord first. After successful programming, it will be able to obtain this info
from the Accord and pass it along to the CT-3271.
A few more thoughts...
You are doing a MT vehicle. This is more difficult than a basic Auto trans car. There is more going on to
ensure all the safety aspects of the install. A few necessary items are :
1. Door trigger monitoring
2. Trunk trigger monitoring
3. Run in Tach Mode.
4. Clutch bypass properly done.
Soldering is fun!
paul992134 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2016 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote paul992134
Thanks very much for the response Kreg. a couple questions:
1. As for D2D the EVO has been flashed with the F3 option. The CT-3271 Instructions say it ONLY supports 2 way communication with Xpresskit.Only 1 way with Fortin... I notice the EVO data link cable has 2 connectors on one end and one will fit the expresskit port on the R/S. Would it make sense to plug the EVO into the expresskit port for 2 way communication? See Below Pics..
2. ALSO. If the EVO needs to be programmed to the Accord before I can enter programming mode on the R/S (because of the inputs the R/S needs coming in D2D)How do I power up the EVO the initial time as the first step is to plug in the Data Link Cable from the R/S.
3. as for Manual Transmission. Door trigger, Trunk Trigger and Tach should all come in D2D correct?. the clutch connection has been made with the (-)GWR wire from the R/S as you mentioned.
Paul
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2016 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Responses
1: You have the correct firmware flashed on to the EVO-ALL. For all intents and purposes, it will communicate with the
    CT-3271 as a XpressKit module using DBI D2D protocol. I believe the CT-3271 will accept the EVO-ALL as a XpressKit
    bypass module and allow 2 way data transfer. As you mentioned, you will connect the EVO-ALL to the CT-3271's DBI
    D2D port using the correct connector on the supplied harness.
2: The CT-3271 is connected to the Accords' +12V constant and chassis ground. The CT-3271 supplies this power and
    ground to the EVO-ALL through the D2D cable ( Red and Black wires ). The sequence is make all the necessary
    connections between the EVO-ALL and the CT-3271 on the bench prior to install. Then make all the connections
    between the CT-3271 and EVO-ALL to the vehicle. I leave the bypass module power connection ( in this case the
    D2D harness ) off during this phase. Next install the fuses in the CT-3271 power feed wires. Then perform the
    EVO-ALL programming procedure. The first step is resetting the EVO-ALL by holding the button while plugging in
    the power ( D2D harness ).
3: The EVO-ALL supplies a bunch of input signals to the CT-3271. The Door Triggers, Trunk Trigger, Tach, Brake, Hood
    Pin trigger and Emergency Brake ( Hand Brake ) all come from the EVO-ALL via the D2D harness. Remember that the
    EVO-ALL can only supply the Hood Pin status if the Accord has the Factory Alarm system and a factory hood pin. If
    it does not have the Factory Hood Pin, you must install the kit supplied Hood Pin and hardwire it to the CT-3271.
After the EVO-ALL programs to the Accord you can start testing the various features. Try a Lock and an Unlock. Then
do all the necessary CT-3271 option changes. Do the Tach Learn process. Set Reservation Mode and try a remote start.
Soldering is fun!
paul992134 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2016 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote paul992134
Thanks again for the help it is very much appreciated.
So I have it all installed and finished the EVO ALL programming procedure.All went as advertised.
BUT After the last step "turn the key to the off position (while the blue led is flashing rapidly)" After the blue led goes out, The red light comes back on and stays on
Is this normal? wondering if it is programmed correctly.
see picture below of the program procedure I used.
Thanks
Paul
kreg357 
Posted: June 11, 2016 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Not sure on that. Never installed an EVO-ALL using the DBI D2D firmware and D2D harness. Can't find any other
posts about it either. Hopefully your question in the Fortin Forum will get a response.
Is everything working properly with the CT-3271 and remote start?
Soldering is fun!
paul992134 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2016 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote paul992134
Hello Kreg I want to thank you again for all the help it is so much appreciated.
So everything works great now. Went W2W and hooked it as per the diagram. Although I am still using the data link cable for power and grnd.
I have a TPMS light in the dash now. Any thoughts on possible cause?
I noticed there is a 2nd accessory wire at the ignition harness. The evo diagram doesn't say to hook it up. And all sources of documentation I have for the install don't call for an accessory 2 wire connected.
Paul
kreg357 
Posted: June 13, 2016 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
I prefer W2W, makes things more logical and easier to test / troubleshoot. If you are going W2W, make sure the D2D
can't work by cutting the other 2 wires in the D2D harness so only the power and ground are left working.
While I always power the ACC2 wire in Honda's, I've heard from other 12 Volt Forum members that they don't power ACC2
because it only does un-necessary things like the radio. If your CT-3271 has an unused Flex relay ignition output, it
can't hurt to program it and connect it to ACC2.
Soldering is fun!
paul992134 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2017 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote paul992134
Hello I wanted to post a schematic of how I finally ended up wiring this. It might help someone out with the same car.
It has been working great for a year and I again want to say thanks to all that helped.
Pro-start CT-3271 remote start with Fortin Evo-All bypass.
2010 Accord Manual
Paul

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic