the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper SmartStart, D2D and DBALL

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jltskfl 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2016 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jltskfl
OMG it's great to find a forum where knowledgeable people are lurking.
I have a SmartStart that hasn't worked for two years because the installer was absolutely worthless. That story is for another time. Basically, the car would start, but the AC would not run. I managed to figure out why.
I'm running a SmartStart with a 5x03 module and DBALL in a 2013 Nissan Altima. It appears to be hard wired.
I want to use the factory FOB to control the doors and arm the alarm. I will use my phone to remote start.
1. Directed says that if the setup is in D2D, locking the doors from the factory remote will arm the alarm. Then they provide no information on how to do so or set it up, and the 5103 and DBALL manuals say absolutely nothing. Do you just hook everything up with the D2D ports? Also, is the SmartStart using the D2D port so I can't hook the DBALL to the alarm this way? Is there programming involved?
2. If my 5x03 won't handle that.... I may have blown it anyway. The siren disintegrated from heat, and the wires came out and may have dead shorted. There's no more siren. If I have to replace the 5x03 anyway, is there a suggested model that has a hard-wire input for arm/disarm so I can get it working with the factory FOB? How about a model with multiple D2D ports so I can hook in both the SmartStart and DBALL?
3. Any suggestion on a fuse size for the siren output?
Thanks.
jltskfl 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2016 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jltskfl
I just read a description of D2D that indicates all hard wire functions are immediately disabled when a D2D connection is sensed in a remote start as a security precaution.
The 2013 Altima requires hard wire starting, so D2D is apparently out between the Viper and the DBALL. (The "Technical Support Coordinator" for Directed in an email told me both that the Altima requires hard wiring for remote start, and also that the installer should have used D2D, which if the previous information I wrote is correct..... is impossible. Thanks Directed.)
In any case, unless I want to solder my Viper FOB to some relays that are actuated by the car lock signals, I need a Viper module that has hard wired arm/disarm inputs that is SmartStart ready.
Any suggestions?

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic