the12volt.com spacer
icon

verify this remote start install, 03 Excursion

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pierdobek 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2016 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pierdobek
Just got the vehicle back from my mechanic and visually things look great, but there are some issues I want to figure out. There was existing RS installed before, wires cut, bad splices, 1 existing relay left in, etc.
Instructions were not clear enough on 1 vs 2 keys required and couple other things. RS worked great at first, now doesn't. I think it's the bypass module problem.
So it's 2003 Ford Excursion with 6.0 diesel, factory keyless entry and looked like no factory RS or alarm (conflicting wiring information because '03 was year change from 7.3 to 6.0, 2004 Excursion diagrams were used for most part)
Omega/Excalibur RS360EDP+ 1-way remote start
Omega OL-IB-FMTL bypass module
RS wiring as is:
6pin power harness:
Accessory (+) Output - ORANGE => RED / BLACK ignition harness
Ignition #1 (+) Input/Output - PINK => WHITE/ YELLOW ignition harness
Start (+) Output - VIOLET => GREEN ignition harness
Constant 12v (+) Input - RED => YELLOW ignition harness
Ignition #2 (+) Output - PINK/WHITE => N/A
Constant 12v (+) Input - RED / WHITE => LT.GREEN/ PURPLE ignition harness
14wire harness:
Remote Start Activation (-) Input - WHITE/ BLUE => N/A
(EDP+ MODELS ONLY) Status / Anti-grind (-) Output - ORANGE => N/A
(EDP+ MODELS ONLY) Alarm Ign. Control (+) Output - YELLOW => N/A
Flashing Light (-) Output - WHITE/ BLACK => N/A
OEM Alarm Arm (-) Output - GREEN/ RED => N/A
Trunk Release/CH2 (-) Output - RED / WHITE => N/A
System Ground (-) Input - BLACK => body grround
OEM Alarm Disarm (-) Output - GREEN/ BLACK => N/A
Horn (-) Output - BROWN => BLUE under steering wheel, yellow jacket
Hood Trigger (-) Input - GRAY => N/A
Brake (+) Input - BROWN / RED => LT.GREEN brake pedal switch
Tach Input - VIOLET/WHITE => N/A
Flashing Light (+) Output - WHITE => BROWN headlight switch
Neutral Safety (-) Input - BLACK/ WHITE => body ground
3pin lock port:
3 PIN DOOR LOCK PORT
Lock (-) Output - GREEN => WHITE/ RED driver's kick panel
Constant 12v (+) Output - Empty Pin
Unlock #1 (-) Output - BLUE => BLACK/ WHITE driver's kick panel
Black data port => to black data port on bypass module
3 PIN SAT. RELAY PORT (RED) => not used
Green Data Port => not used
OL-IB-FMTL wiring as is:
Data port => data port on RS
IGNITION (+) INPUT - PINK => WHITE/ YELLOW ignition harness
ECM TX - GRAY/RED => GRAY/RED PATS pigtail green connector
ECM RX - GREEN/ RED => RED / BLACK PATS pigtail green connector
Before we head to the issues, does it look OK?
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2016 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
Connect pink/wht to gry / YELLOW at ignition switch and program "flex relay" for accy if you want the HVAC to work with R/Start.
I found both 7.3 and 6.0 diagrams for 2003. Both engines were available that year.
None of those PATS wire colors are on the diagrams I pulled up. So I can't verify you got the bypass correct.
pierdobek 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2016 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pierdobek
It's a 6.0 - if you could post the diagrams, it would be great. Again, I found conflicting info because of engine change that year, so any clarification would be helpful.
Thanks for advice on ignition #2 wire. Does it require an additional relay?
One thing I just noticed is that the tach wire is not hooked up. I believe it was programmed as virtual tach or something like that, but would hooking it up (to lt.GREEN / WHITE behind brake release?) make it start better?
Is there any way to extend the crank time past 2.25 seconds? I am really not planning yet to replace my batteries and starter and just know that it takes longer to start it in cooler weather.
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2016 at 6:04 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
I don't repost copyrighted material, not to mention it's cumbersome and time consuming. Your current pressing issue appears to be with the PATS and bypass. The wire colors in the diagrams I found, and what you posted are completely different. Not sure how to help if the correct wire colors can't be determined.
You should use the tach. Probably the Wait to Start input too, although the 6-uh-ohs start a little quicker than the 7.3's. The DEI's have a 4.5 second crank option. Doesn't mean yours does. I've noticed on my DEI and 7.3 that if it hasn't been run for a few weeks, the first RS will have a short crank, no start. Then it tries again, and cranks the 3-4 seconds that it takes to wake it up after prolonged sitting. Then it reliably R/S's every time until it again sits. Never figured out why it does this. I have both tach and WTS inputs hooked up and programed.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic