the12volt.com spacer
icon

python 660xp removal

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
albinqld 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2016 at 3:45 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote albinqld
I bought a 93 Toyota seca for my daughter that has a python 660xp alarm system in it. it is continually going off and just want it gone. I am chasing the wiring diagram for fitment to the vehicle wiring so I can remove it and reconnect electrics back to original. thanks in advance. al
ps. not very experienced on navigation around forums.
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 639
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2016 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
Find the module, and unplug it from the harness. As long as it still cranks, that should do it.
You can also put it in Valet Mode to prevent the false alarms, but still retain the Remote Keyless Entry, which many people like.
Turn key on.
Turn key off.
Within 10 seconds, push the "hidden button" one time. The LED should come on solid.
It's now in Valet mode. The door locks will still function, but the alarm is not armed. The LED goes off after an hour so as not to discharge the battery. It will stay in Valet Mode indefinitely, you do not need to activate it every time you drive the car.
I did this for the lady across the street in her old car she got from her mom years ago. It was in Valet Mode for years until the FOBs began to give her trouble. She likes the RKE, so I installed a 211 RKE-only for her a couple years ago to replace the old Viper system that finally augured-in after almost 20 years of service.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic