the12volt.com spacer
icon

Need an exhaustive part and tool list

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
deweysfba 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2016 at 4:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote deweysfba
Hello! I worked at Best Buy years ago and the mobile install guys sold me on getting a Viper car alarm (with remote start) installed on my car at the time - - I was immediately in love!!! Fast forward several years and I recently moved to Taiwan, but Viper (and the entire Directed Electronics family of brands) doesn't have any official installers in the entire country. I am very technical savvy and a bit of a handyman, and so I figured I would order the Viper system online and have it shipped to my brother in the States, who will in turn forward me everything I need to install the system here. I plan on finding professional help installing everything, but I'll likely need to do most of the configuration myself since few people understand English here (probably a large reason why Directed doesn't sell here).
I am looking for a seasoned pro to help look over the list of parts I've put together and let me know if I've missed ANYTHING I'll need to complete this installation, or if you have any recommendations in general. Also, any help finding the Viper install manual would be greatly appreciated as well.
The vehicle: 2014 Nissan Big Tiida (Versa Note 2 - SL) [Tiida C12 GH] WITH SmartKey
Part List:
Part No. Description
5906v Viper Color OLED 2-Way Security + Remote Start System
vsk100 Viper SmartKey Bluetooth Module
507m Directed Electronics Digital Tilt Motion Sensor
506t   Directed Electronics Audio Glass Break Sensor
520t   Directed Electronics Backup Battery System
522t   Directed Electronics Trunk Release Solenoid
DBALL2 Directed Electronics XpressKit DBALL2 Databus All Combo Bypass Module
THNISS3 Directed Electronics Nissan/Infiniti Plug and Play T Harness
998t Directed Electronics 998T Bitwriter Programmer
XKLOADER2     XpressKit XKLOADER2 2nd Gen Computer Programming tool
Tools:
Torx screwdriver set
Wirestrippers
Wiresnips
Plastic trim pry bar kit
Knife
Headlamp
Multimeter
Zip-ties
Electrical Tape
Posi-taps (blue 16awg, red 20awg)
Posi-lock (blue 16awg)
Techie from San Francisco living in Taiwan
deweysfba 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2016 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote deweysfba
Even feedback in the form of confirmation that this list looks good would be greatly appreciated!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2016 at 4:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Your modules, test equipment, tools and programmers look fairly complete. My only suggestions would be to use quality
electrical tape like Scotch Super 33+. I would add various sizes of heat shrink tube and use that where possible. For
that factory look, get some Tesa tape in 3/4 inch width to wrap your added wires in looms. Get the real Tessa tape from
Germany, not the cheap knock-off stuff from China. And most importantly, skip the Posi-taps and Posi-locks. Buy a decent
soldering iron like the Hakko FX-601 and some solder ( Kester 245 in .031 diameter ) and solder all your connections.
Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2016 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Kreg, FYI Weller butane irons are made in Japan, our friend in Taiwan might be able to get Weller product far cheaper.
brownsfan1 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2016 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote brownsfan1
I thinks it's funny and ironic that in Taiwan you have to get Viper products from the USA but the are made in Taiwan. Your tool list looks good except the posi taps. Get a soldering iron and solder and do it right the first time. Also replace just standard wire cutters forms quality crimper/cutter
brownsfan1 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2016 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote brownsfan1
Would also get a metric 1/4" driver socket set. It at the very least a 10mm nut driver. Nissan likes to use 10mm bolts a lot in the interior.
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2016 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the12volt
deweysfba 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2016 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote deweysfba
That's silly they don't sell them in the country they are produces... maybe they are afraid the market here would destroy the prices in places like North America. I think it is very common for products to be manufactured in Asian and then released to the public here much later or not at all.
deweysfba 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2016 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote deweysfba
Gonna go for the Weller soldering iron and heat shrink tube, and dumping the locks and pops. Also, going to pick up both some Scotch 33+ and 35+ electrical tape. Thanks for the recommendations!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic