icon

2016 Kia Optima Hybrid EX Stereo Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bobby thong 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2016 at 3:10 AM / IP Logged  
Hi i need help finding a radio wiring diagram for a 2016 kia optima hybrid ex. Been looking for a week already but no luck
Bobby_Thong
tonanzith 
Gold - Posts: 593
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 25, 2016 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  
Radio 12V     red     +     radio, white 24 pin plug, pin 12
Radio Ground     black     -     radio, white 24 pin plug, pin 24
Radio Ignition     blue     +     radio, white 24 pin plug, pin 11 or 18
Radio Illumination     blue (parking lights); gray (dimmer)     +,-     radio, white 18 pin plug, pins 8, 17
Factory Amp Turn-on     (M-CAN)
Power Antenna     red     +     radio, white 18 pin plug, pin 18
Left Front Speaker (+/-)     orange - blue     +,-     radio, white 18 pin plug, pins 2 - 11
On models with amplifier, the speaker wires are orange - blue at the amplifier in trunk R side, white 12 pin plug, pins 6 - 12. The midrange wires are brown - blue at the amplifier, white 16 pin plug, pins 2 - 10. The tweeter wires are gray - ORANGE / black at the amplifier, white 12 pin plug, pins 4 - 10.
Right Front Speaker (+/-)     blue/orange - yellow/orange     +,-     radio, white 18 pin plug, pins 3 - 12
On models with amplifier, the speaker wires are blue/orange - yellow/orange at the amplifier in trunk R side, white 12 pin plug, pins 5 - 11. The midrange wires are GREEN/ orange - BLACK/ orange at the amplifier, white 16 pin plug, pins 1 - 9. The tweeter wires are WHITE/ orange - RED / orange at the amplifier, white 12 pin plug, pins 3 - 9.
Left Rear Speaker (+/-)     pink - green     +,-     radio, white 18 pin plug, pins 1 - 10
On models with amplifier, the speaker wires are pink - green at the amplifier in trunk R side, white 12 pin plug, pins 2 - 8.
Right Rear Speaker (+/-)     brown - white     +,-     radio, white 18 pin plug, pins 4 - 13
On models with amplifier, the speaker wires are brown - white at the amplifier in trunk R side, white 12 pin plug, pins 1 - 7.
Center Channel (+/-)     blue - orange     +,-     amplifier in trunk R side, white 16 pin plug, pins 7 - 15
Subwoofer (+/-)     GREEN/ orange - pink (1); yellow/orange - red (2)     +,-     amplifier in trunk R side, white 26 pin plug, pins 13 - 26; 12 - 25
Aux. Audio Input Left (+/-)     red - BLACK/ orange     +,-     radio, white 24 pin plug, pins 21 - 9
Aux. Audio Input Right (+/-)     black - BLACK/ orange     +,-     radio, white 24 pin plug, pins 8 - 9
RSE Video (+/-)     yellow - white (rear view camera video)     +,-     radio, wh24P plg, pins 6-18 or wh18P plg, pins 2-3
RSE Audio Left (+/-)     N/A
RSE Audio Right (+/-)     N/A
Satellite Radio 12 Volts     (built into radio)
Satellite Radio Ground     N/A
Satellite Radio Ignition     N/A
Satellite Radio Antenna     N/A
Satellite Audio Left (+/-)     N/A
Satellite Audio Right (+/-)     N/A
Item     Size     Depth     Location
Headunit     irregular center of dash
Left Front Speaker     6.5 left front door
Left Front Tweeter   left front dash
Right Front Speaker     6.5 right front door
Right Front Tweeter   right front dash
Left Rear Speaker     6.5 left rear door
Left Rear Tweeter     (coaxial)
Right Rear Speaker     6.5 right rear door
Right Rear Tweeter     (coaxial)
Center Channel   top center of dash
Subwoofer   left rear shelf
Left Front Headrest   
Gary Sather
bobby thong 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2016 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the help
Bobby_Thong
jamloga 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2017 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
Hey Bobby! I am looking to put subs in my 2017 optima hybrid and found this diagram. I’m assuming the wires should be the same....hopefully. I need to connect an rca tap for the amp off one of the rear speakers. Trying to find the easiest location to tap the wires without tearing it all apart. Thoughts?
Grace and Peace
tonanzith 
Posted: August 06, 2017 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged  
Subwoofer (+/-)     GREEN/ orange - pink (1); yellow/orange - red (2)     +,-     amplifier in trunk R side, white 26 pin plug, pins 13 - 26; 12 - 25
Gary Sather
tonanzith 
Posted: August 06, 2017 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry that was 2016
Subwoofer (+/-)     Blue - Red (1); White - Brown (2)     +,-     Amplifier in trunk right side, white 28 pin plug (B), pins 2 - 17; 1 - 16
Gary Sather
jamloga 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2017 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you so much for the reply!
Sorry to sound confused, but I want to make sure I am reading your reply right.
Connect to: blue-red, white brown wires, correct? Where are they located. The model I got did not have the Harmon Kardon package so there is no speaker in the trunk to tap into. I don’t see an amp in the back to tap into, just the battery. If you could give me some details that would be amazing. I was just going to use an RCA to speaker wire connection and T-Tap into the wires and than a RCA 1 to 2 splitter to connect to the amp. i figured with the battery in the back that would be the spot for my positive and negative. As far as the remote, I’m assuming there is no where to connect that in the trunk right? I mean, if there is an amp than maybe so. The fuse box is right up front so if all else fails its an easy connect and tuck. Again, this is a 2017 Kia Optima Hybrid.
Thank you again for all the details!
Grace and Peace
jamloga 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2017 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged  
Just to follow up I figured it out. I tapped into the Brown and White wires on the left side from the rear speakers with some RCA to speaker wire connections. I tapped into the cigarette lighter fuse on the panel in the front for my remote and being awesome ran the power and ground straight off the batter in the back. Tore the crap out of myself running wires but it’s done!
Grace and Peace

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic