the12volt.com spacer
icon

2016 Nissan Altima with Avital 5303 and Dball2

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sam369 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2016 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sam369
I plan to install Avital 5303 with Dball2 for my 2016 Nissan Altima. I have bought all the necessary parts that I can think of. When I bought the Dball2 on ebay, I also paid the seller $5 to flash it. However, then the seller said D2D didn't work with Avital, and said that it had to be hard wired.
I searched the forum. I believe the conclusion is that Avital and DBall2 can definitely be connected through D2D mode, but I also read some people saying it did not work well with D2D connection.
My question is whether that is still the case. I wonder if firmware upgrades have fixed the issues.
Should I just spend the money to get an XKloader2? I have no idea of what settings the seller used when flashing. What I especially don't want is that I find that I have to buy an XKloader2 to fix issues during the installation.
I will post my wiring plan tomorrow.
sam369 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2016 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sam369
I chatted with someone on www.directechs.com, and was told that Avital and DBall2 should work fine in D2D mode. I still plan to get XKloader2 just in case, though.
Here is my wiring plan. Please let me know if there are mistakes, or if there are improvements that can be made.
  • Connect DBALL2 and Avital 5303 using XKD2D65 cable. Another connection I plan to make is between the tach wires(H3/2 of Avital 5303 and pin 5 of the red 12 pin connector of DBALL2.
  • All other connections for DBALL2 are clearly explained in the installation instructions. I'll just connect 12V, ground, and other wires indicated by solid lines to specified wires. I just need to find out if my car has RF anti-pinch window by checking the connector for passeger side window/door lock switch.
For Avital 5303
  • H1/1 (-) 200mA AUX TRUNK RELEASE OUTPUT--to pin 40 of black 40 pin connector at BCM
  • H1/2(+) CONSTANT POWER INPUT --to 12V
  • H1/3 (+) SIREN OUTPUT-- to siren positive
  • H1/4 NOT USED
  • H1/5 (-) CHASSIS GROUND INPUT-- to ground
  • H1/6 (+) DOOR TRIGGER INPUT, ZONE 3-- NA
  • H1/7 (-) INSTANT TRIGGER INPUT, ZONE 1-- to blue and green wires of motion sensor, glass sensor, and tilt sensor
  • H1/8 (-) DOOR TRIGGER INPUT, ZONE 3-- to pin 16 of 24 pin gray connector at BCM(need to connect for programming?)
  • H1/9 (-) 200mA DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION OUTPUT-- Not used when using D2D mode?
  • H1/10 (-) REMOTE START ACTIVATION INPUT--Not used except when changing between D2D and Bitwritter modes
  • H1/11 (+)/(-) SELECTABLE LIGHT FLASH OUTPUT--Connect to pin 1 of the brown 16 pin connector at dash fuse box with + output
  • H1/12 (-) 500mA GROUND WHEN ARMED OUTPUT--Not used when using D2D mode
  • H2/1 (-) 200mA SECOND UNLOCK OUTPUT--Not used when using D2D mode
  • H2/2 (-) 200mA AUX 3 OUTPUT--Not used when using D2D mode
  • H2/3 (-) 200mA AUX 2 OUTPUT--Not used when using D2D mode
  • H2/4 (-) 200mA FACTORY ALARM REARM OUTPUT--Not used when using D2D mode
  • H2/5 (-) WAIT-TO-START INPUT--NA
  • H2/6 (-) 200mA FACTORY ALARM DISARM OUTPUT--Not used when using D2D mode
  • Heavy gauge relay satellite
    • H/1 STARTER OUTPUT TO STARTER (STARTER SIDE) --Not used when using D2D mode
    • H/2 STARTER INPUT FROM IGNITION SWITCH (KEY SIDE) --Not used when using D2D mode
    • H/3 (+) 30A HIGH CURRENT 12V INPUT --to a heavy gauge 12V wire
    • H/4 OUTPUT TO ACCESSORY CIRCUIT --to pin 26 of black 40 pin connector at BCM for ACC1 output
    • H/5 (+) 30A HIGH CURRENT 12V INPUT --to a heavy gauge 12V wire
    • H/6 OUTPUT TO PRIMARY IGNITION CIRCUIT --to pin 27 of black 40 pin connector at BCM for ignition1 output
    • H/7 (+) 30A HIGH CURRENT 12V INPUT for H/8 --Not used
    • H/8 OUTPUT TO SECOND IGNITION/ACCESSORY CIRCUIT--Not used
I'll continue later.
sam369 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2016 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sam369
  • Relay satellite 4-pin connector
    • 1 (-) 200mA STATUS OUTPUT--Not used
    • 2 (-) 200mA ACCESSORY RELAY TURN ON--Use a relay to provide 12V to pin 9 of black 24 pin connector at BCM for ACC2(+)
    • 3 (-) 200mA STARTER RELAY TURN ON--Use a relay to provide ground to pin 22 of black 40 pin connector at BCM for Starter(-)
    • 4 (-) 200mA IGNITION RELAY TURN ON--Use a relay to provide ground to pin 30 of black 40 pin connector at BCM for Ignition2(-)
  • H3/1 (-) NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH INPUT--ground with a toggle switch
  • H3/2 TACHOMETER INPUT WIRE--to TACHOMETER OUTPUT WIRE of DBALL2
  • H3/3 (+) BRAKE SHUTDOWN INPUT WIRE---Not used when using D2D mode
  • H3/4 (-) HOOD PIN SWITCH INPUT, ZONE 6---Not used when using D2D mode
  • H3/5 (-) 200 mA 2ND STATUS/REAR DEFOGGER - Latched Pulsed---Not used when using D2D mode
  • H4/1 (-) 200mA AUX 4 OUTPUT---Not used when using D2D mode
  • H4/2 (-) 200 mA HORN OUTPUT---Not used, don't want to wiz neighbors off
  • Door Lock, 3-pin connector--Not used when using D2D mode
  • LED, valet switch, antenna, and shock sensor just match the connectors
Any suggestions are much appreciated.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic