the12volt.com spacer
icon

Push start via negative input of existing RS

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vincen 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2016 at 7:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vincen
After having to drive a rental with push start for a week, I felt like this is a must have on my own car.
Current I have   Idatalink ADS-ACLA and Viper 4806V, which has a negative input to start, on my 2010 Honda Pilot. I started looking at the AdvanceKey package which comes completely with everything, but I’ll be missing out on 2 ways RS which is something I rather not miss out on. So my next idea is to incorporate a push start with the existing 4806V via the negative input, that’s simple enough but I have no idea how disable the RS and keep the car running once it’s up and running. As we all know once the RS is running, it will stop running if the brake is pressed. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.
tonanzith 
Gold - Posts: 593
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 28, 2016 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tonanzith
No no no. Please. No. You can use this setup for your 2 way remotestart and install a separate setup for just push to start. To completely different designed products.
Gary Sather
vincen 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2016 at 6:14 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vincen
Yeah, after some digging I concluded what you suggested would be the best approach.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic