the12volt.com spacer
icon

OEM Door Lock Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
skyspygso 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2016 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote skyspygso
1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee - The Lock function of the factory system quit working. Using both the driver and passenger door Lock/Unlock rocker switch, Unlock works, but not Lock. Using a DVM at the drivers kick panel, I measure 12v+ on the pink/violet wire while pressing Unlock and 12v+ on the ORANGE / violet wire while pressing Lock. All five door solenoids unlock, but no response when I press Lock. (After manually locking all doors, I can electrically unlock all doors.)
The Jeep Owners Manual states: "As a safety feature the doors will not lock (using the power lock switch or keyless entry system) in either of these conditions. 1- The drivers door is open while the key is in the ignition. 2- The drivers door is open while the headlights switch is On." [Observed and complied, but I cannot find a wiring schematic to troubleshoot the electrical function.]
Keyless Transmitters are unavailable. One of the relays in the bottom of the glovebox engages to unlock, but none trigger for Lock. I've switched all relays to the known good unlock socket - all work. I have no idea which socket supplies the lock power.
I have started installing a Crimestopper Security system, but I have not connected anything to the Jeep wiring. I have unplugged the Chime Module.
skyspygso 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2016 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote skyspygso
Problem Solved - After continued attempts to locate adequate wiring schematics or system diagrams, I found a post with a similar problem on another forum. It identified what I thought was the chime module as the control module for multiple circuits (perhaps it is also the chime speaker). Everything works with it reinstalled. It's a small purple plastic housing, drivers side, under dash, near door with a small speaker type opening. Forgive the request, hopefully others will learn from my error! TNX, Roger

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic