the12volt.com spacer
icon

Wiring info for stock Maxima radios

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mm5300 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2016 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mm5300
I have a question I was hoping someone could answer on a couple factory Maxima radios. One is for the 4th generation, 95-99 (Bose PN-2121D) and one for the 5th 00-03 (non Bose PN-2415D). I was going to sell them so that someone could get some use out of them instead of just throwing them away. I remember them working, but I believe one of them had an issue with some of the backlighting when the instrument lights were on. It becomes a little difficult to check them since I don't have either of those cars anymore. I was able to hook both of them up to a battery box with the correct pin locations on the back (both have the same connector types on the back - (1) 10 pin and (1) 6 pin). However, I'm not sure how to supply power (or whatever else may need to be done) to get the backlighting going or to switch it go that mode. I've found a few places online that mark one of the pins Ill. (I assume Illumination), but others have that marked as a speaker output. Does anyone have any info on how I could manually get the buttons to light up? I have the service manual, but I'm not familiar enough to read where I would need to focus on completing this. Thanks for you time!
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 09, 2016 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
If you are able to power the radio up, this means you must know where the switched 12 volt wire is located. The following link is to a plug that will plug into the radio. Notice that the orange wire is located directly on the side of the red or switched wire. There are 2 orange wires on nissan harnesses. I am pretty sure the one you can see in the picture is the one that will illuminate the lamps on your radio. Place 12 volts on it and it should light up.
When the link opens click on the picture. It will open in a larger window.
http://metraonline.com/part/71-7550
mm5300 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2016 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mm5300
Thanks for the response. Someone was able to give me a more detailed service manual and point out the pins I needed and I was able to confirm the illumination. I appreciate your time.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic