the12volt.com spacer
icon

Clifford Alarm Stopped Unlocking Door?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2016 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
So does the 10.5x based on the install manual from this site. https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=651      So they should be the same.
Agdodge4x4 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2016 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Agdodge4x4
Wait...so these two brains are identical? I can literally swap out the brain and re-program remotes/options?
Why have so many identical products under different names?
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2016 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
So they can sell exclusive distribution rights on a geographical basis. Like here Viper is only sold at the Dukes car stereo only. And ABC Wharehouse/Mickey Shore sells only Python in the same area.
Agdodge4x4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2016 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Agdodge4x4
Ok. So we are certain that ebay link alarm will work and my current 2 way alarm will still be a 2 way alarm since I have the antenna? Any reason to have a bitwriter for this to make It easier? Also you mentioned something about them being in the same generation. Is the viper 5000 the same generation as my matrix 10.5x?
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2016 at 4:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Agdodge4x4 wrote:
Ok. So we are certain that ebay link alarm will work and my current 2 way alarm will still be a 2 way alarm since I have the antenna? Any reason to have a bitwriter for this to make It easier? Also you mentioned something about them being in the same generation. Is the viper 5000 the same generation as my matrix 10.5x?
Yes both are DEI part nunber 3301, as for the bit writer that up to you.
Agdodge4x4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2016 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Agdodge4x4
Im going for it. I was reading my directions for the CLifford, and I dont understand exactly how you program remotes using the 'auto/learn' feature. I dont want to program each button.
Second, I have a glass break sensor, and ever since installing, when you arm the system, it beeps to arm, and then a second later there is a secondary beep. I never pinpointed why, but I was told I could remedy that with a bitwriter.
Also, is there any current replacement remote for the discontinued 489?
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2016 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Agdodge4x4 wrote:
Im going for it. I was reading my directions for the CLifford, and I dont understand exactly how you program remotes using the 'auto/learn' feature. I dont want to program each button.
Auto learn programs all buttons to the standard configuration by just pressing one button usually the lock button.
You should delete all remotes first, if you have any problems temporally use the new antenna and new remote to do this. Then use the originally installed antenna and 2 way remote to reprogram the remotes You want to use.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2016 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Agdodge4x4 wrote:
Second, I have a glass break sensor, and ever since installing, when you arm the system, it beeps to arm, and then a second later there is a secondary beep. I never pinpointed why, but I was told I could remedy that with a bitwriter.
It does that typically because it is seeing a trigger at the time of arming and bypassing it. Need to check all trigger points and verify that they are properly configured. You will also get this if you arm while the door is still open.
Or you need to change feature 2-1 to (grouped,off) if it is arming the shock sensor and glass sensor (progressive).
This can be done with out a bitwriter.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2016 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Agdodge4x4 wrote:
Also, is there any current replacement remote for the discontinued 489?
You can use any remote at this link here: 489x Replacements
Just get them where ever they are the cheapest.
Agdodge4x4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2016 at 10:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Agdodge4x4
Thank you so much for your advice and guidance. I will try to get it up and running and then start trying to fix odds and ends. In regards to:
[quote]Need to check all trigger points and verify that they are properly configured. You will also get this if you arm while the door is still open. [/quote]
The door is not open during arming. What does the first sentence mean? What do I check in regards to making sure trigger points are properly configured?
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic