the12volt.com spacer
icon

Clifford Alarm Stopped Unlocking Door?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2016 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Agdodge4x4 wrote:
What does the first sentence mean? What do I check in regards to making sure trigger points are properly configured?
Make sure you have the correct door trigger wires by verifying the with dmm. For proper operation and polarity as it is easy get the wrong wire on fords. If that all checks good then it is the (option 2-1) that needs to be changed so all sensors arm at the same time. This option is new that the older units that I have installed the most never had. Haven't installed any additional sensors on these systems yet but have read about it.
Agdodge4x4 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2016 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Agdodge4x4
On this alarm, according to the manual, Violet is + Door Trigger and Green is - Door Trigger input.
How do you verify with DMM? I dont know if it matters, but this alarm DOES go off when armed and a door is opened.
I think my truck is - when door is open. So, I need to check the DMM with probe on ground and red probe on H1/8 (Green wire on brain) and I should get 12V when doors are closed and 0 Volts when one is open? Correct?
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2016 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
DMM on continuity probe to ground! Should only show continuity when door is opened.
Door Trigger Negative Wire (-): BLACK / YELLOW And BLACK/ Pink (Use Both). Use the above wires on vehicles without factory keyless entry, with factory keyless, the wires are at the BCM, drivers door BLACK / YELLOW (-) pin 4, passenger door, BLACK/ pink (-) pin 5, the drivers side rear door is a BLACK/ light blue (-) pin 12 and the passenger rear door is a BLACK/ white (-) pin 13. When connecting to an alarm system, use all 4 door trigger wires and diode isolate.
Door Trigger Negative Wire Location: In Drivers Kick Panel, Gray Plug, Pins 22 and 23.
The BCM wires can also be found in drivers door sill wiring just behind drivers seat where the wires join from the passenger side.
Also only need drivers door, BLACK / YELLOW (-) pin 4, passenger door, BLACK/ pink (-) pin 5 for extended cab with suicide rear doors with factory keyless!
Agdodge4x4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2016 at 2:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Agdodge4x4
Is there a way to bypass the omboard door lock relay and put on an aftermarket one that will lock and unlock my doors with the alarm?
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2016 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Is there a reason you want to do all this extra work?
This is the Type of door lock system you have.Clifford Alarm Stopped Unlocking Door? - Page 4 -- posted image.
Agdodge4x4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2016 at 9:24 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Agdodge4x4
NO, I just want my dang truck to unlock when you disarm it.
My easiest option is to find a replacement brain for cheap.
Can I install a Viper 3305 instead? The wire colors and function seem to be all the exact same as what I have, they are just in different positions on the harness. Can I not just re-do that?
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2016 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
In theory any DEI brand Alarm that has the 4 wire antenna plug should work with your antenna and remotes. But be aware that this has not been tested with all models.
I have taken a 1-way alarm/starter Viper 5601 and upgrade from a 1-way 6111t supercode antenna to a 2-way 6711t SST antenna and LCD remotes with out to much issue. The only issue with programming the LCD remotes was that I had to Program a 1-way SST remote first then the LCD would program. Just trying to program the LCD first would always fail.
If you try to swap a newer brain your antenna and remotes might or might not work as this is uncharted water except for my success.
If you want to try you luck you can get a Avital 3100L Cheap, Just make sure you get the newer revision with separate Antenna with 4-pin plug not the older one with attached single wire antenna. The only wires you will need to change will be the door lock wires if the 10.5x has 7-pin lock harness and starter wires if you had the immobilizer hooked up.
If you decide to give this a try you will need to delete all remotes from the Avital with the avital antenna and remote first. Then proceed to plug in you antenna and program your remotes 1-way first, the 2-way.
This is the single wire antenna!
Clifford Alarm Stopped Unlocking Door? - Page 4 -- posted image.
This is the one you would need to make sure you are getting if you want to try swapping a newer brain.Clifford Alarm Stopped Unlocking Door? - Page 4 -- posted image.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2016 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Agdodge4x4 wrote:
Can I install a Viper 3305 instead? The wire colors and function seem to be all the exact same as what I have, they are just in different positions on the harness. Can I not just re-do that?
You should be able to as long as the original remotes program to the new antenna with out problems or the original antenna and remotes will program to the Viper with out problems. The 3305v (Viper Responder 350) uses the 7341v lcd remote which is compatiable with the 489x. So it should be the same minus any firmware changes internally. You won't know until you try.
This is the wiring that I have for your Clifford Matrix 10.5X (3301x). Which shows it has a 7-pin door lock harness, not the 2 wire 3 pin like the newer ones have.
Clifford Alarm Stopped Unlocking Door? - Page 4 -- posted image.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2016 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Have you checked too see if the 2nd Unlock works. Would need to change option 3-14 to Immediate with first unlock.
Otherwise if Factory disarm output works you could use it to unlock too, but it will also unlock during remote start on units that have it.
Agdodge4x4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2016 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Agdodge4x4
lurch228 wrote:
Have you checked too see if the 2nd Unlock works. Would need to change option 3-14 to Immediate with first unlock.
Otherwise if Factory disarm output works you could use it to unlock too, but it will also unlock during remote start on units that have it.
Are you saying I could just change that option 3-14 and leave all wiring and alarm exactly the same and it will unlock the truck upon disarming? I do not have remote start. Its a diesel.
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic