the12volt.com spacer
icon

Factory Arm/Disarm vs. Lock & Unlock wires

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2016 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
davep. wrote:
Your vehicle does not currently have an OEM alarm "but I will be adding one". Why? A properly installed and calibrated aftermarket alarm is more "effective" than the OEM alarm.
"Will the OEM fobs dis-arm the aftermarket alarm?". This is a common question. There are specific aftermarket alarms intended to be used with OEM key fobs. These have additional "defeat inputs" that do not allow the door switches to dis-arm the alarm system.
Install the aftermarket alarm and R/S, and abandon the factory fobs.
"Transplanting" a factory alarm system from a donor vehicle into an existing truck is not always straight-forward. Lots of research and studying factory wiring diagrams is required. Then one has to actually find and harvest the required components, wiring, and connectors from a wrecking yard. Your truck is now 20 years old. These parts are found on other models, but those models will also be 20 years old. May be difficult to find. Why bother? Do a good aftermarket install, and be done.
Apparently you either didn't read everything or misunderstand what is being said. He not installing a OEM alarm, he just want to use keyless to disarm the Compustar alarm.
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2016 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
lurch228 wrote:
Apparently you either didn't read everything or misunderstand what is being said. He not installing a OEM alarm, he just want to use keyless to disarm the Compustar alarm.
You owe me an apology. He did indeed say he was going to add an OEM alarm. This from his opening post. Go read it. In the meantime bugger-off.
prince504 wrote:
The alarm is the Compustar CS6502-AS and the vehicle doesn't have an OEM alarm but I will be adding one.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2016 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
You can take poor broken English and get what you want from it or try to interpret What he is really trying to say. Either way the purpose of this form is to help people by answering questions and asking them to clarify what they are asking! Not get ignorant and tell people to bugger off. So have a nice day and Bless you heart!
prince504 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2016 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote prince504
davep. wrote:
lurch228 wrote:
You owe me an apology. He did indeed say he was going to add an OEM alarm. This from his opening post. Go read it. In the meantime bugger-off.
lurch228 wrote:
You can take poor broken English and get what you want from it or try to interpret What he is really trying to say. Either way the purpose of this form is to help people by answering questions and asking them to clarify what they are asking! Not get ignorant and tell people to bugger off. So have a nice day and Bless you heart!
@lurch228 doesn't owe you an apology as you clearly misinterpreted my initial statement. Although I can see how you might think I meant an OEM alarm, considering I did state that I was installing a Compustar CS6502-AS -- which is a remote start and an alarm combo -- it should have been assumed in the context that I was referring to an aftermarket alarm.
Furthermore, if you read the following conversation btw @lurch228 and I, it would have cleared any assumption that I was interested in an OEM alarm.
I have never installed an OEM alarm nor do I ever plan too.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2016 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
@prince504 Thanks for the support and clarification on what you wanted to know. And the fact that he just plain missed the points of our conservation.
Hope you get it all working, If you have any further question just ask!
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic