the12volt.com spacer
icon

Ground when armed

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dporter7 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2016 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dporter7
I have a 2002 Lincoln Ls 3.9v8. I am installing a voice module add on and I need to know Where is the ground when armed output wire location and color of the factory security system and warn away trigger wire? Thanks!
D. Porter
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2016 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Typically those wires are part of aftermarket alarms. On DEI the ground when armed is orange and the warn away is triggered by the shock sensor. Doubt the factory has a shock sensor unless its a factory installed aftermarket system.
dporter7 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2016 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dporter7
s a factory system. This would be the first time an after market system will be installed. The car don't have a shock system installed. Where can I find the orange wire? Is it under the steering wheel,the door module or the driver side fem?
D. Porter
dporter7 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2016 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dporter7
I meant to say its a factory system. This is the first add on to the system.
D. Porter
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2016 at 9:55 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
DEI would be Viper, Python, Clifford, and Avital all aftermarket systems made by DEI. So you won't find the orange wire on a factory system. I don't know of any OEM Ford systems that has a ground when armed.
dporter7 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2016 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dporter7
Oh I see. Well I was working up hill on this one then.I will need to install the rest of the after market alarm system for this piece. Thank You very much this is the best site ever.Ive gotten alot of information for this one. Thanks again!
D. Porter
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2016 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Your welcome. IF you haven't got the alarm already you can get any DEI brand as they are all the same internaly in any given generation whether it be viper clifford python avital.
DEI Cross list
You van use this link to comapre them by the internal DEI part number. Letter at the end of part number designates Branding.   
5902v = Viper

5902p = Python
ECT.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2016 at 12:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
You could use a latching dual coil relay to add the Ground when armed negative output to the OEM system using the lock and unlock triggers to change the relay position, and it wouldn't have any draw to drain the battery as it stays latched even when it has no power.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic