the12volt.com spacer
icon

1990 Chevrolet K1500 Z71 & Viper 5704

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2016 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Are you sure the R/S is outputting voltage on the H3 Pink and Pink/White as these are 2 different relays inside the unit.
mullethead 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2016 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mullethead
No luck. At this point I need to move on. The wires in the harness to where a connection would be are fine, so guessing that the harness is not the issue. The only 5104 models I could find are refurbished by manufacturer. Is this an issue? I see where it is identical to mine. It looks like the 5904 is the same harness structure. Replace harness and unit, the rest seems plug and play swappable. Is there a better Clifford or Python to swap with? Thanks for all the help.
mullethead 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2016 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mullethead
Just to make sure I am testing them correctly. I have tested them at the connection to the harness and disconnected. There is no voltage change when the R/S is pushed in either of the connections. Pink or the Pink/White. All my grounds seem solid. Electronics have issues occasionally. More upset if the time I have spent is because of a faulty device. Made a donation and thanks again to everyone I have pilfered information from without your knowledge and especially lurch228. With a new item it looks like my project will be completed.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2016 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Looks like the 5906,5806,5706, and 5606v/p/x (v=Viper, p=Python, x=Clifford) will also work as a direct swap plug for plug. 5606 will be the cheapest to buy a whole system. So their is 4 Models in each brand that use the exact same brain, 12 options to get what you need.
This is the cheapest that I have found that will work to exactly replace your current brain.
Search this Item Number 131880491417 on ebay for the cheapest that I found.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2016 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Also this Item Nunber 142040813731 on ebay which is the exact same generation as yours.
mullethead 
Posted: August 22, 2016 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mullethead
Ordered the brain with harnesses. I am going to replace all the ignition harness items. Thanks for the answers, advice, and research. Guessing the 5606 programs exactly the same and looks like plug and play except for the harness I am going to replace. Will let you know the results when it comes in and I have swapped out.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2016 at 1:12 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
All harnesses should be the same, you only need to replace the harness if really want too.
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2016 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
Ya'll spent a lot of time testing the pink wire connection and integrity.
Did you verify the RED wire INPUTS were good? Like the fuses, ect?
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2016 at 12:18 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
It's called teaching a man to fish IF you must know. He is learning by doing the work! Not trying to do the work for him, just point him in the right direction sight unseen. Or as other long time members call it just giving hints!
mullethead 
Posted: August 28, 2016 at 11:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mullethead
Received the new unit. Rewired remote start harness. Programmed. Started better than with the key. First shot. I did a dance around the garage with great happiness and came in to post my results. Thanks so much for helping me learn a few things about my alarm system. There are a Couple of additional things I would like to set up, but it does everything I could have wished for.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic