the12volt.com spacer
icon

2010 Honda civic Hybrid

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
frank_30 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2016 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote frank_30
Ok tried for 3 hours to interrupt the start circuit at both the starter and ignition (Black wire /white stripe) and vehicle still starts..regular key not push button start..attempting to install an ignition interlock device..Spoke with service tech at local honda Dealership..he stated there is no way to interrupt start to electric motor?? Any ideas?? we have done newer Hybrids no problems but they have been pushbutton, we can interrupt start at brake switch but not this one..got me stumped!! Thanks
"throw it in the gutter and go buy another"
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2016 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Don't know if this applies to Your vehicle or not. But GM uses ACC drop out to engage start. I use a relay to maintain power to the ACC circuit for starter kill on alarm installs. If that doesn't work then you are stuck interrupting either the Transponder circuit so it can't communicate to the system or the ignition circuit so it can't even get to start mode, ie no power. If what you have tried hasn't worked then time to go further up stream looking for any system that with get it to not to move.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2016 at 1:12 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
I interrupt the brake feed wire on the BCM for the Toyota Prius.
Assuming you need to have foot on brake to start that should work.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2016 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
@howie ll His post is jumbled and not to clear but he did say at the end that the Brake was not working for this Keyed non-push to start. Just in case you missed that or have any other ideas that might work.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2016 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Yes but before or after brake switch I cut the input, if you cut the output you've a 50% chance of simply disabling the brake lights and cruise control shutdown. But not start.2010 Honda civic Hybrid -- posted image.
On Mercedes hybrids, I cut the POS feed to the ignition switch.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2016 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Must be something different with the way the Keyed version is wired. That why I thought interrupting the transponder wire so it cant communicate would work.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2016 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
I'm a bit scared of doing that, our OP should test the wires at the ignition switch.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2016 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Its a DATA wire so resistance is not a issue if that's what you are worried about. There's got to be a way to achieve the interlock he's trying to do. It's weird since he says that he's done them before without issue.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2016 at 2:59 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Maybe access to the wiring circuits needed or a mistake made.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2016 at 3:18 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
@howie II It's possible. To error is human!
@frank_30 Any luck as you haven't replied yet.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic