the12volt.com spacer
icon

Power folding mirrors

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
djhemmen 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2016 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote djhemmen
Thanks @howie II for helping me get the proper ignition wire. I am now using the proper black wire for ignition. I hooked everything up exactly as your diagram shows with both 1A, 50V diodes and 3A,50PIV diodes but the mirrors still arent working?
@lurch228 I just tried hooking up the relay with the diodes as you suggested earlier but the mirrors still aren't opening/closing. Neither relay triggers when the ignition is turned on and both trigger when ignition is turned off when everything is hooked up by howies diagram as well as with lurchs relay?
@davep. With the yellow 528t wires to the motor sides, the BLACK/ BROWN / orange wires to ground, the RED / brown wires to 12V and the BLACK/ white stripe trigger wires to the proper ignition, the same as above happens, both 528t's do not trigger with ignition on and both do trigger with ignition off? I have tried with and without diodes and the same happens either way.
The closest I have gotten to success is if I take the 528t with the cut blue wire off of the black ignition wire and put it on the BLACK / YELLOW stripe secondary ignition wire I was using earlier and set the timer on the close 528t to 3 seconds longer than the open 528t then the mirrors open and close on ignition on/off!?!? With this wiring configuration only the cut 528t opens with ignition on but both 528t's open when the ignition is turned off. I believe this is because the black ignition wire shows 0.28V even when the car is turned off? Can a relay be used between the black ignition wire and the 528t trigger wire to only show 12V and 0V?
I am okay with this setup even though it appears to be a mickey mouse job unless you guys have something further for me to try?
Also, @davep. You mentioned earlier a way to wire a relay to make the factory switches work with this setup of the orange 528t's not being connected to the switch?
Thanks again for all your help guys. Taking your time to share your knowledge with a hobbyist is a true testament of your character!
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2016 at 11:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
djhemmen wrote:
Can a relay be used between the black ignition wire and the 528t trigger wire to only show 12V and 0V?
Sure as long as the 0.28v allows the relay to turn off. Ignition 86, ground 85 and 87a, 87 Constant +12v, triggers 30.
When relay off 30 is connected to ground. when on connected to +12v
Page of 7

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic