the12volt.com spacer
icon

Tuning type r's?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
solid steel 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2016 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote solid steel
hey guys honestly im disapointed in my system just doesnt hit hard like it would in a car..and im not 100% sure its going its full capabilities in my extended cab truck.
03 silverado ext cab..
running 4 runs for 4 guage (wasa noob when i did it)
tspec rca cables
deck - kenwood excelon kdc x597 4volt preouts sub level 0 can do -15 to +15..loudness off..bassboost off..bass+2 mid+2 treb 0
Planet Audio AC5000.1 running to 2 12" type r's (500rms each) wired to 1 oohm ..remote bass knob 100% up
6.5 type r components on db drive 400.2 amp
doodiety pyle 4x6 on doodiety no name amp for rears..
sub amp tuned with 40hz -10db tone...using monster aux cord
sub box is an atrend sealed 12" box..with 3/4" spacer to fit type r's in.. ported to 35hz each chamber is 1 cubic foot.. they are downfire boxs..
what am i doing wrong i used an o scope (dso nano) to set my gains..the port made it his a little harder but its still crap..
help!!!!!
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2016 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Neglected to say at what point you are crossing off the subs with the LPF.
Also make sure the subs aren't hitting the floor (carpet) at full excursion (out travel).

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic