the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2016 Silverado 1500, remote start info?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2016 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
Looking for some information/guidance from the PROs for installing an after market remote starter in a 2016 Silverado that has a factory remote start.
Reason for asking is that I have never had an install on a vehicle with a factory R/S.
Heck, I haven't had a PTS come to my garage door yet.
I am wanting to know if there are any issues or conflicts with this type of install. Does the factory remote start need to be disabled or can a aftermarket be installed as a normal install.
Probably would be installing a Viper 2 way system with a DBALL. I know some people hate those systems, but they have been good to me so far.
I installed a Viper system for this customer a while back, he traded in for a new truck, thought the factory R/S was a great thing until he found out the range sucked and NO 2 way communication.
Thanks for any insight to this.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2016 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
DBALL/DBALL2 WITH A XL202 and the DEI matching antenna and remotes is all you need to get 2 way control of a factory system.
smokeman1 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2016 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
Yeah, I have a XL202 on hand and understand how to install it.
Biggest question is are there any conflicts or issues, that anyone knows of, that happen when an aftermarket R/S is installed on a vehicle that has a Factory R/S.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2016 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
You can control the OEM remotestart with the xl202 and the correct data bus module. All the same limitations of the OEM system apply like 10min. runtime and such. But you get the 2-way control, report and range.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2016 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
You only need to add a another R/S system if you want to have more adjustment options and control of run times and eliminate OE limitations.
If longe range and 2-way is enough then you can use the DBALL/2/PRO FLashed with the RSR firmware (Login Required for Flash options, Or it needs to be flashed by who you buy it from!) and the below antenna and remotes.
The xl202 can be used with the 6211t/antenna and any of the remotes on this page. http://www.drdetailshop.com/DEI-Super-Code-LE-Responder-Remote-Replacement-Selection.htm or the 7351v/p/x remote if the antenna date code is OK/10D or later.
Or the 6711t can be used with any of the remotes on this page http://www.drdetailshop.com/DEI-LC3-SST-Responder-Remote-Replacement-Selection.htm
smokeman1 
Posted: August 07, 2016 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
Thanks. Appreciate the input.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2016 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
No problem happy to share.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic