the12volt.com spacer
icon

P/S Headlight LEDs work intermittently

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
11-sonata-yf 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2016 at 5:44 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 11-sonata-yf
Hi everyone, I am a new member and I would appreciate if anyone can help me with my dilemma.
I have a 2011 Sonata Limited and I bought new headlights- part number 2LHP-SON11G-TM, back in March of this year and for the 2nd time now the passenger side LEDs do not come on. At times they do and other times they don't. When this 1st occurred, I had a new headlight sent out because it was covered under warranty but now that the warranty has since expired I cannot exchange them. The connector is a simple plug and play, so there was no modifying, cutting or splicing of any wires. I have checked the wire that is supplying the power to the LED and there is 12V going to it. So my question is, what is causing them to work intermittently?
Someone help, please...
Thanks
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 08, 2016 at 8:36 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
Did you test that wire at the headlight connector, or before? Check the connector end to make sure it is not dirty, corroded, or that the wire terminal is not opened too wide (not good connection).
Now, with your headlight assembly unplugged, try using a couple jumpers to supply the corresponding terminals with power and ground directly. Do your LED's light?
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
11-sonata-yf 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2016 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 11-sonata-yf
geepherder wrote:
Did you test that wire at the headlight connector, or before? Check the connector end to make sure it is not dirty, corroded, or that the wire terminal is not opened too wide (not good connection).
Now, with your headlight assembly unplugged, try using a couple jumpers to supply the corresponding terminals with power and ground directly. Do your LED's light?
Hi good morning. Thanks for your response. I disconnected and removed the headlight assembly and supplied 12v power to each individual connector and ground to the 2 black wires and in doing so, the corresponding light tested turned on. When I got to the wire on the plug that powers the LEDs they wouldn't turn on.
I then tested the plug coming from the car and matched the corresponding wire that connects to the LED wire and there is power. I tested ND checked the grounds to the left side and they're fine.
In regards to your last question, that's pretty much what I did. I used a 12v cordless drill battery to test the headlamp off the car.
I'll check the connectors for any debris or wide opening of the connector. Thanks
Edgar

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic