the12volt.com spacer
icon

kenwood 8pin din plug

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vintagetech 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2016 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vintagetech
i am refurbishing a kenwood KGC-717 eq. it has a 8-pin din plug, does anyone know the pin out. save me tracing the circuit board, its full of jumpers.
CSI Comox Valley
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 09, 2016 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Does the unit have power and ground wires coming out of the unit itself. If it does, I can tell you where Remote, shield and left and right are inside the din cables.
i am an idiot 
Posted: August 09, 2016 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Take your right hand and look into your palm with your fingers pointing to you. You are going to disregard the 2 bottom pins and the center pin.
This is for the Male din plug that will plug into the female din plugs that are the outputs of the EQ.
Pinky = Remote
Ring Finger = no connection
Middle Finger = Shield
Index finger = Left
Thumb = Right
vintagetech 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2016 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vintagetech
the power and ground also travel through the input din plug from the deck, i remember the remote and signal wires used on the 5 pin dins, but i dont know the power and ground.
CSI Comox Valley
i am an idiot 
Posted: August 09, 2016 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Do you have a multimeter? The Ground pin will be electrically connected to the chassis of the EQ.
If you have a meter I can tell you how to find power once you find ground.
vintagetech 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2016 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vintagetech
ya i do have a multimeter
CSI Comox Valley
i am an idiot 
Posted: August 09, 2016 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
When you find ground, put the meter to Diode test, attach the black lead to the ground connection. Touch the red lead to the 3 available pins, one at a time and write down the reading once the meter settles.
Now attach the red lead to the ground connection, place the black lead on the 3 available pins and write down the reading once it settles.
The power wire will read between (.)400 and (.)600 in one of the readings, and with the leads in the opposite position it will be a MUCH higher reading.
You are reading the reverse polarity protection diode. The diode is placed across power and ground. It should be the only wire that reads between 400 and 600.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic