the12volt.com spacer
icon

2014 Dodge Ram 1500 Alarm/Remote Start Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jimadvig 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2016 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jimadvig
I am looking for the wiring info for my 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 for a remote start alarm.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2016 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Think I would select a R/S system and bypass module and wire it up by the bypass module manufacturers install guide. Here is a link to a basic R/S install Pictorial on your truck : https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=138747
Soldering is fun!
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 09, 2016 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
If you are having trouble finding info you need to use RAM as manufacturer. No longer Dodge. If you are wanting just remote start and no security you need to look into this piece.
http://flashlogic.com/product/product/product_id/276/vehicle_make_id/47/vehicle_year_id/2014/vehicle_model_id/885/package_type/0/vehicle_id/13569
jimadvig 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2016 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jimadvig
I have a factory pursuit alarm that I want to hook back up. I have the 4x10 with t harness already but removed because everyone I remote started it it set the alarm off. I have since learned that it had a sensitivity knob to adjust that. That's why I'm looking for the writing info so I can hook it back up.
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2016 at 12:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Need to Flash the 4x10 to use one of the Programmable outputs for the ["Factory Alarm Disarm"] (Sends a pulse every time the remote starter is activated or the doors are unlocked.) and hook it up to the "I believe is a Audiovox" Pursuit ["Red disarm wire"] so the alarm won't be active when remote started.
If you want the alarm to rearm when the remote start shuts down (times out) You will need to also Flash one of the programmable outputs for the ["Factory Alarm Arm"] and hook it too the Prusuit ["Green Arm Input"]
A second option is to use the 4x10 Blue/White NEG Active While running [Status} Output to activate a relay to send POS to the Pursuit Blue Trunk Shunt (+) Input (This wire when activated will shunt all security zones for 60 seconds or until cleared.)
i am an idiot 
Posted: August 10, 2016 at 9:02 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Power Connections
     Wire Color     Polarity     Location     Plug/Pin #     Note     Picture
Battery     LIGHT BLUE/RED     (+)     IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS LOW CURRENT, FOR HIGH CURRENT APPLICATIONS GO DIRECTLY TO THE BATTERY     
Ignition 1     PINK/WHITE     (+)     IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS DO NOT USE FOR REMOTE START     
Accessory 1     DARK BLUE/PINK     (+)     TIPM MODULE UNDER HOOD   
Starter 1     YELLOW/GRAY     (+)     AT TIPM MODULE UNDER HOOD     BROWN 40 PIN PLUG PIN #1     DO NOT USE FOR REMOTE START     
Triggers
All Doors USE INDIVIDUAL DOOR TRIGGERS AND DIODE ISOLATE EACH WIRE     
Front Left Door     VIOLET     (-)     DRIVER KICKPANEL ALSO AT TIPM UNDER HOOD     
Front Right Door     VIOLET/WHITE     (-)     PASSENGER KICKPANEL ALSO AT TIPM UNDER HOOD     
Rear Left Door     VIOLET/GRAY     (-)     DRIVER KICKPANEL ALSO AT TIPM UNDER HOOD     
Rear Right Door     VIOLET / YELLOW     (-)     PASSENGER KICKPANEL ALSO AT TIPM UNDER HOOD     
Dome Light Supervision     YELLOW/WHITE     (+)     IN HARNESS AT INSTRUMENT CLUSTER ALSO IN DRIVER SIDE A PILLAR     
Hood Trigger     VIOLET/LIGHT BLUE     (-)     HOOD PIN SWITCH ALSO AT TIPM UNDER HOOD     
Lighting
All Parking Lights     WHITE/ LIGHT GREEN & WHITE/ VIOLET     (+)     TIPM MODULE UNDER HOOD USE BOTH AND DIODE ISOLATE EACH WIRE     
Low Current Parking Light Trigger     WHITE     (-)     VEHICLE LIGHT SWITCH MUST USE RESISTOR FOR (-) PARKING LIGHTS     
All Hazard Lights     WHITE/ BROWN     (-)     VEHICLE HAZARD SWITCH   
Low Beam Headlights     WHITE     (-)     LIGHT SWITCH HARNESS MUST USE RESISTOR FOR (-) HEADLIGHTS     
Brake Lights     WHITE     (+)     STITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL   
Reverse Lights     WHITE/ RED     (+)     TIPM MODULE UNDER HOOD   
Integration
Power Lock     VIOLET/LIGHT GREEN     (-)     AT MODULE IN PASSENGER DOOR SAME WIRE FOR UNLOCK, MUST USE RESISTOR FOR BOTH, VALUES ARE NOT KNOWN AT THIS TIME     
Power Unlock     VIOLET/LIGHT GREEN     (-)     AT MODULE IN PASSENGER DOOR SAME WIRE FOR LOCK, MUST USE RESISTOR FOR BOTH, VALUES ARE NOT KNOWN AT THIS TIME     
Driver Door Motor 1     TAN/WHITE     (REV)     IN HARNESS IN DRIVER KICKPANEL TO DOOR   
Driver Door Motor 2     TAN/LIGHT GREEN     (REV)     IN HARNESS IN DRIVER KICKPANEL TO DOOR   
Factory Alarm Arm WITH FACTORY REMOTE ONLY     
Factory Alarm Disarm POWERING THE IGNITION WIRE AND THE PRESENCE OF A VALID TRANSPONDER KEY WILL DIS ARM THE FACTORY ALARM      
Horn     DARK GREEN/ VIOLET     (-)     IN HARNESS AT STEERING COLUMN ALSO IN HARNESS TO INSTRUMENT CLUSTER     
jimadvig 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2016 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jimadvig
Thanks everyone for all your replies. All have helped
jimadvig 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2016 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jimadvig
Does anyone have the wiring install manual for a factory Pursuit alarm that comes in a 2014 Ram 1500. It doesn't have a model number on it. I have pictures of the brain but don't know how to attach them.
i am an idiot 
Posted: August 10, 2016 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
There are a few Pursuit manuals on this site. You will have to look through to see if one matches yours.
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/downloads.asp?srch=all&term=pursuit
jimadvig 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2016 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jimadvig
I saw these when I did a search but none of them match what I have. I wonder if the alarm guy at the dealer will give me an install manual. I guess it's worth a shot.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic