the12volt.com spacer
icon

Adding 520T & 507M to Clifford 570.6X

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
j3vette 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2016 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote j3vette
Hello all, I recently installed a Clifford 570.6X and 508D in my 2005 Cadillac Escalade running through D2D with a DBALL2. The remote start and everything else was working flawlessly. This week I decided to add a 507M tilt sensor and 520T backup battery to the system. After installing them though, the 507M doesn't seem to be working at all and the remote start is now malfunctioning. The truck starts, idles for 3-5 seconds and then shuts down; only to start itself again and repeat the cycle.
Connections I made for these two units:
[570.6X Main Harness, 6-pin connector]
1: Red (+)12V DC Constant Input - (Split between fuse and vehicle) 520T Red & 507M Red connected to vehicle end, 520T Gray connected to 570.6X end.
6: Orange (-)500mA Ground when Armed - Connected to Orange Wire of 507M
[570.6X Auxiliary/Shutdown/Trigger Harness 24-pin connector]
10: Blue (-) Trunk Pin/Instant Trigger Input (N/C or N/O) - Blue wire of 520T & 507M, each isolated with 1N4001 diode (stripe end toward battery/sensor)
Black wire of 520T is grounded to chassis
520T Battery is connected to battery module via RED / black 2 pin harness
I've done a forum search and read through quite a few threads, but can't seem to figure out what I've done wrong here. Think I may need to move the blue wires of the battery & tilt sensor to Pin 11 (Activation input) of the same harness, and possibly move red wire of tilt sensor to 570.6X side of (+)12V wire, but I'm not sure.
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2016 at 8:13 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Connections are right so double check that they are good. Otherwise you have a Bad 520T module. If it worked fine before you installed them then you need to back up and check your connections. Otherwise you can use a 5Amp diode between the vehicle and the cut red wire. Then hook the Red from alarm and Gray from 520T to stripped side of diode.
Just make sure that any other modules aren't pulling power from the 520T side of the Diode.
j3vette 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2016 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote j3vette
Thank you for the reply lurch228. After some more testing and review of the settings, I decided to try switching the tach mode from virtual tach to voltage. That fixed the problem, so for reliability I have now hardwired the tach input by connecting pin 12 on the 24-pin AUX harness to the trucks tach wire and switched the engine checking mode to tachometer. It's now remote starting without issue. I'm guessing that routing the power through the 520t backup battery module may have resulted in some small voltage variation, causing the virtual tach to fault.
The only issue I'm having now is with the 507M, as it is still not triggering the alarm. Neither the black or white wire have been cut, so it's set for 1° and 10 second delay. For testing I've placed it longitudinally on a horizontal flat surface, then armed the system and left it for 3-4 minutes before moving it. I'm sure the orange GWR wire is working, as I have an LED scanner connected to it that is working. Also checked the other two connections several times and everything is good. I'm thinking maybe it's a defective sensor?
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2016 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Did you verify that the diode for the tilt sensor is good (not open).
It's rare but does happen that there is a bad one from time to time!
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2016 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
In my area I don't use voltage sense as it has issues not working correctly when there is a sudden cold spike. I always wire the tach and never have a problem with R/S.
j3vette 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2016 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote j3vette
Thank you for the tip, I'll check the diode to make sure it's good. If that checks out, I guess I'll try another sensor.
Yes that's what I've been reading regarding voltage sense and cold starts, so I decided to hardwire it directly to the tach.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2016 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
If you get the diode to hot when soldering it can cause it to fail sometimes. But yeah if diode checks good, continuity only 1 way then I would suspesct bad sensor.
j3vette 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote j3vette
UPDATE: Got extremely busy when school started, so this issue has taken me quite a while to address again.
I bought another 507M tilt sensor and installed it, but this didn't resolve the problem. I've also discovered that my LED scanner (which is connected to the same H1/6 Orange (-)500ma GWA wire) does not work now either. It was working perfectly (coming on when alarm was armed) before installing the 520T backup battery. Both the 507M tilt sensor and LED scanner are diode isolated at the H1/6 wire, and the LED scanner works when I jump a wire from H1/6 at the main unit plug to chassis ground. So evidently the problem with both of these is that the GWA wire is not providing ground for some reason.
I have a 998t and have changed several settings, but is there anything I could've done to cause the H1/6 wire to stop sending GND while the alarm is armed? The only other thing that's been changed is the addition of the 520T. Is there possibly another GWA wire I should switch these over to?
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Test with Dmm to +12v on brain to GWA. It may be a isolation issue that will require you to connect the sensors to the brain side of the 520T.
j3vette 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote j3vette
Thank you for the quick response!
I checked with DMM like you suggested and did not get anything. Voltage reading fluctuated from .01v to .05v when armed. In this case do I need to move the sensors wires?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic