the12volt.com spacer
icon

Keyless Entry + Audio System + Dome Light

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thanu10 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2016 at 3:15 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote thanu10
Hey there everyone!
I'm new here, and I was trying to look for this for sometime but was unable to find anything valuable. So basically I have this Toyota Hiace (classic) and I want to couple the keyless entry system with the audio system and the dome light.
1. I want the dome light supervision when I unlock the vehicle and turn off with a delay.
2. At the same time I want the audio system to power up and keep working until I get out and lock the vehicle.
Is this possible? If so how?? Please help me out
Thanura Weerage
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2016 at 8:20 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
You looking to do "Dome light supervision" And "RAP" (Retained Accessory Power) until doors are opened. Plenty of info on this site just need to search for it.
thanu10 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2016 at 10:15 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote thanu10
Thank you so much. Ill have a look. But how to link these together?? I lack knowledge on these areas. :/
Can anyone help with me with few diagrams and stuff? Please
Thanura Weerage
thanu10 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2016 at 10:17 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote thanu10
And no, basically, what I want is, when I press UNLOCK on the remote, the stereo to turn itself on. and when I press LOCK, I want it to turn off. This should be constant. IN RAP, it turns off after 10 minutes.
This is exactly what I mean.
Thanura Weerage
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2016 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
You can try this for starters.
Keyless Entry + Audio System + Dome Light -- posted image.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2016 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Or this.
RAP Diagram
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2016 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Or a modified version of this with the lock and unlock outputs from the alarm and diodes. to have a on\off +12v
Single Pulse to Lock and Unlock (link)
Using a mechanical latching relay like the PCB latching relay pictured below on the left, you can use a single negative output to alternately lock and unlock the doors. The mechanical latching relay only requires it's coil to be momentarily energized to change and maintain the opening or closing of it's contacts. The SPDT relay will provide a dedicated negative output for lock when the coil is energized and a dedicated output for unlock when it is not energized.
Keyless Entry + Audio System + Dome Light -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2016 at 4:31 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Single 528T timer relay or similar will suffice. Trigger from unlock wire which will have a NEG trigger in the driver kickwell if the locks are OEM.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2016 at 4:34 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Forget it, you will need either an extra relay for either ACC or dome trigger!
Or use a trannie to change polarity since the radio needs a POS and the dome needs a NEG.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2016 at 4:44 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
@howie II I don't get why he wants it wired the way he does but, he wants there to be no timer to time out and shut down the radio.
"This should be constant. IN RAP, it turns off after 10 minutes."
That why I made my last suggestion of a modified version.
Hint hint! LOL
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic