the12volt.com spacer
icon

Recommended alarm for 3 criteria

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
octanemaestros 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2016 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote octanemaestros
Is there an alarm that meets all of these criteria:
1) 1-mile claimed range 2-way remote
2) Smart phone capable
3) GPS tracking included without separate add-on accessory
Which alarm make and model if so?
Seems like they all either have 1-mile range and no smart phone capability, or smart phone capability and short range remote only.
Also, I'm not clear if any alarms have GPS tracking ability built-in without buying a monthly or yearly subscription. Seems like that should exist.
bogucki 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2016 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bogucki
no the only system i can think of is the viper 5806v its a 1mile and 2way remote starter and it has smart start cell phone capable and gps tracking system buts its a add on that runs $250+ subscription fees
boguckialex
octanemaestros 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2016 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote octanemaestros
bogucki wrote:
no the only system i can think of is the viper 5806v its a 1mile and 2way remote starter and it has smart start cell phone capable and gps tracking system buts its a add on that runs $250+ subscription fees
Thanks. If I don't get the 1-mile 2-way remote, is there another model that has GPS tracking without needing an add-on and subscription fees?
bogucki 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2016 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bogucki
almost all of the vipers/autostart/clifford/ Python models from dei can have the smartstart cell and gps module add on also almost all of the compustar brands/models has a cell and gps add on as well its called the drone system
boguckialex
octanemaestros 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2016 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote octanemaestros
bogucki wrote:
almost all of the vipers/autostart/clifford/ Python models from dei can have the smartstart cell and gps module add on also almost all of the compustar brands/models has a cell and gps add on as well its called the drone system
From what you're describing it sounds like in every case it's an add-on that you buy separately, and there are no exceptions. I will be taking the alarm that I buy overseas so it has to support a CDMA (AT&T Style) SIM card for the GPS. I also need to buy 2 actuators, and some relays so I can have the headlights and taillights stay on for 10 seconds to locate the car in a parking lot. What you think of the Scytek Mobilink 777 2-Way Car Alarm Vehicle Security System With Smartphone Integration?

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic