the12volt.com spacer
icon

Shutdown remote with key on

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
edam_cool 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2016 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote edam_cool
Hello
I am from Chile,sorry for my English not the best.
I just want to ask I have a 2010 kia soul car and buy an alarm and I have installed 90% I have a problem only
kia soul has ign1 ACC1 and ACC2
Alarm has ign1,ign2 and acc1
the problem I have with (anti-robbery) to be the key to ON does not work shutdown remote and another question I have not connected one connection (- output bypass remote start)
I hope you can help me, here in Chile there are still alarms
Thank
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2016 at 11:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Need more info on the Alarm/Remote start. Brand and model to start with.
May need additional relay but the above will be needed first!
Most remote starters will shutdown when brake pedal is pressed if it is hooked up to brake input shutdown.
edam_cool 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2016 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote edam_cool
is an alarm china Cardot, if remotely turn on and off perfect.
the the problem is when I want to turn it off with the key in ON.
Shutdown remote with key on - Last Post -- posted image.
Shutdown remote with key on - Last Post -- posted image.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2016 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Ok to solve the remote start 2nd ACC. issue you will need a additional relay, as the 2nd IGN, in not selectable to be either a IGN or ACC.
Wire the relay 86 to ACC. 1 , 85 to ground(-) output bypass remote start wire, 87 to Battery with fused input, and 30 to 2nd ACC of vehicle.
As for shutdown the (+)brown brake input needs to be hooked up to the brake pedal wire that test positive when the brake pedal is pushed (applied )which shuts down the R/S. Then when you hit the brake and Turn off key engine will shut down.
The (-) output bypass remote start wire is for vehicles that need a bypass to be remote started,or any other module or relay. So the bypass, Module, or Relay is only active when using R/S to start and to run vehicle with out a key. If you have the bypass hooked up direct to ground you will need to hook its activation ground (GWR) to this wire.
Grey(-) Hood Pin Switch should also be hooked up to prevent R/S while hood is open Working on engine.
edam_cool 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2016 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote edam_cool
lurch228 wrote:
Ok to solve the remote start 2nd ACC. issue you will need a additional relay, as the 2nd IGN, in not selectable to be either a IGN or ACC.
Wire the relay 86 to ACC. 1 , 85 to ground(-) output bypass remote start wire, 87 to Battery with fused input, and 30 to 2nd ACC of vehicle.
As for shutdown the (+)brown brake input needs to be hooked up to the brake pedal wire that test positive when the brake pedal is pushed (applied )which shuts down the R/S. Then when you hit the brake and Turn off key engine will shut down.
The (-) output bypass remote start wire is for vehicles that need a bypass to be remote started,or any other module or relay. So the bypass, Module, or Relay is only active when using R/S to start and to run vehicle with out a key. If you have the bypass hooked up direct to ground you will need to hook its activation ground (GWR) to this wire.
Grey(-) Hood Pin Switch should also be hooked up to prevent R/S while hood is open Working on engine.
Gracias por tu gran ayuda amigo mío
thank you for your help my friend
1) I do not understand where this The (-) remote start bypass output
   wire. in the car
2)only need to enable this feature anti-robbery.
in case steal my car driving it can turn it shutdown remote.
so far only I manage to turn on and off remote keyless
insert the key to on and then can't turn off in 18 seconds
the lights on and the siren but not shutdown
3) have   Car.   /. Alarm
       White = 12 volt constant/ red = (+)
       Blue = start.  / Purple = start
      White = acc 1.  / Orange = acc
       Pink = ign1. / Pink = ign1
      Yellow= acc2. / Pink = ign2
-------chassis of car ---- ----/ black = (-)

In the white of acc1 install diode .
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2016 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
edam_cool wrote:
1) I do not understand where this The (-) remote start bypass output wire. in the car.
It's not hooked to the vehicle! Used to turn on a bypass like Fortin,xpresskit, and iDatalink) for vehicles that have a Transponder.
Can also be used to turn on low draw items like relays needed for R/S. (Like relay for Acc. 2)
edam_cool wrote:
That's what the brake input wire does when hooked to vehicle brake pedal (+) wire. This needs to be used to shut off remote start, otherwise will not shutdown when turning off key with short trips until set time runs out. Vehicle will continue to run when R/S is used and key is turned to run after brake has been pushed and 18 seconds has passed.
If you want to shut down the vehicle with the key in the on position you will need to interrupt the ignition wire with the Starter Killer relay.
edam_cool wrote:
You can't use the Alarm Pink=Ign. 2 for Acc. 2 (This Alarm R/S Wire will not be used!) Unless this is a selectable output that can be changed to Acc. 2 in the Alarm settings!
Need additional relay to power Acc. 2 like i said above.       
edam_cool wrote:
In the white of acc1 install diode .
What do you mean?
Can you upload the rest of the manual?
edam_cool 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2016 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote edam_cool
lurch228 wrote:
edam_cool wrote:
1) I do not understand where this The (-) remote start bypass output wire. in the car.
It's not hooked to the vehicle! Used to turn on a bypass like Fortin,xpresskit, and iDatalink) for vehicles that have a Transponder.
Can also be used to turn on low draw items like relays needed for R/S. (Like relay for Acc. 2)
edam_cool wrote:
That's what the brake input wire does when hooked to vehicle brake pedal (+) wire. This needs to be used to shut off remote start, otherwise will not shutdown when turning off key with short trips until set time runs out. Vehicle will continue to run when R/S is used and key is turned to run after brake has been pushed and 18 seconds has passed.
If you want to shut down the vehicle with the key in the on position you will need to interrupt the ignition wire with the Starter Killer relay.
[QUOTE=edam_cool]
You can't use the Alarm Pink=Ign. 2 for Acc. 2 (This Alarm R/S Wire will not be used!) Unless this is a selectable output that can be changed to Acc. 2 in the Alarm settings!
Thank you my friend
I appreciate the patience
ok understand I have only 2 questions
is already installed hood pin and the relay have the relay 86 to ACC1, 87 to battery with fused of 30amp, and 30 to 2nd ACC of vehicle.
1 )where I find 85 to ground(-) output bypass remote start wire?
2 ) I finished where I connect the cable of the alarm ign2?
in addition to report that the car has no transponder in the key.
I have copy of key and work perfectly.
Thank you in advance!
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2016 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
edam_cool wrote:
1 )where I find 85 to ground(-) output bypass remote start wire?
Yes the 85 to ground(-) output bypass remote start wire. So relay only is active when Acc1 and R/S ground(-) output bypass remote start wire are live to power the coil of the relay.
edam_cool wrote:
2 ) I finished where I connect the cable of the alarm ign2?
You vehicle dosen't have a Ign2 so it is not used. Cut off exposed bare wire Tape end off and secure to other wires.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic