the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

How to disarm an alarm with a new remote

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aviator172 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2016 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote aviator172
Hello,
I have a CarVox King auto alarm system in my 1999 Dodge Caravan.
Last year I lost my remote and today finally found the backup remote.
The problem is, it is apparently not programmed to the alarm control unit.   The directions call for the alarm system to be disabled in order to program the new remote unit.
Each time I reconnect the power to the alarm, it goes off so I cannot get it to the disarmed state.
I an asking what wire or technique I should use to disable the alarm.
I have attached a copy of the wiring diagram for the alarm and I think I need to connect the Yellow wire to positive, however when I test the wire with a VOM it appears to be a negative wire and I fear it will short if I try that.
Thank in advance for assistance.How to disarm an alarm with a new remote -- posted image.
aviator172 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2016 at 12:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote aviator172
BTW....
Here are the Instruction Manual steps to program a new Remote...
1). In Disarming State
2). Turn Ignition Key to ON Position
3). Press and Release Valet Switch for over 5 times
4). Status LED Flashes Quickly
5). Within 6 Secs, ....
6). Press Button "Lock" for 0.5 sec of New Remote
7). Press Button "Unlock" for 0.5 sec of New Remote
8). Horn Sounds for 5 times
aviator172 
Posted: August 26, 2016 at 1:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote aviator172
Remote Start harness is not connected to the alarm.
Remote start was never installed with this alarm.
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2016 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Remote may be out of sync Try pressing the unlock button repeatedly to see if it will sync up!
"Yellow (+) Ignition of Key Cylinder Input" should be hooked to the Side of the key that has positive when key is on. If you hooked up the starter killer relay it would be hooked up after key ignition output and before the relay.
The manual doesn't have a disarm without remote instructions?
To disarm the alarm "with yellow hooked up" Turn key on and with in 5 seconds press the valet button 5 times or more to disarm. Horn will sound twice and lights flash twice.
If the yellow wire is not hooked up you can't get into programming mode to program a new remote either!
aviator172 
Posted: August 26, 2016 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote aviator172
The problem is, as soon as I connect power to the alarm box it goes off within a few seconds. I'm assuming the default state of the alarm is in triggered mode so that if you lose power and it's reconnected the alarm treats that as a theft attempt.
I need a way to tell the alarm it is not in triggered mode when I put power to it.
aviator172 
Posted: August 26, 2016 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote aviator172
I tried hooking the yellow wire to positive and negative but the alarm seems to ignore it
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2016 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Just hooking up the yellow wire is not going to keep the alarm from triggering.
You have to turn the ignition on and press the valet button 5 times or more in 5 seconds or less from the time you turn the ignition on to disarm it!
Just hooking it to positve dose not allow for the timing to be followed to press the valet button in the 5 second window that is needed to disarm once the yellow wire sees input.
Hook up the battery let it self reset (time out) open door which will set it off get in turn on key press valet 5 or more times in 5 seconds.
No aftermarket alarm can be turned off Disarmed by just turning the key on. Some Code Alarms could be wired to achieve this but, this would not be a typical install.
aviator172 
Posted: August 26, 2016 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote aviator172
lurch228 wrote:
Just hooking up the yellow wire is not going to keep the alarm from triggering.
You have to turn the ignition on and press the valet button 5 times or more in 5 seconds or less from the time you turn the ignition on to disarm it!
Just hooking it to positve dose not allow for the timing to be followed to press the valet button in the 5 second window that is needed to disarm once the yellow wire sees input.
Hook up the battery let it self reset (time out) open door which will set it off get in turn on key press valet 5 or more times in 5 seconds.
No aftermarket alarm can be turned off Disarmed by just turning the key on. Some Code Alarms could be wired to achieve this but, this would not be a typical install.
OK
Thank. I'll try that. Will report back.How to disarm an alarm with a new remote -- posted image.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2016 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
No problem.
aviator172 
Posted: August 27, 2016 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote aviator172
LURCH !! YOU DA MAN !!!!!
That did it!
★☆.•:*¨¨*:•.☆★.•:*¨¨*:•.★☆Thank you!!! ★☆.•:*¨¨*:•.☆★.•:*¨¨*:•.★☆
How to disarm an alarm with a new remote -- posted image. How to disarm an alarm with a new remote -- posted image. How to disarm an alarm with a new remote -- posted image. How to disarm an alarm with a new remote -- posted image.
lol
Seriously, thank you for taking the time to help me. As you can see, it is really appreciated.
Have a great weeked!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic