the12volt.com spacer
icon

Clifford 5906x Heavy Gauge Connector

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mai42356 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2016 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mai42356
Hello, I am a retired installer out of the loop for a while, and trying desperately to get my remote start hooked up. I am terribly fussy (OCD on steroids) about the wiring (as are most but not all installers) or I would just pay someone to get it done. I am almost there, but I am confused by the ignition hookup. There are three pink wires involved, one pink, one pink with white and pink with black. I think I understand that certain models import have an issue requiring the ignition circuit to be looped through a relay to isolate the switch during a remote start cycle. But I am working on my 1999 Jeep Wrangler and wonder if that is necessary. So then there is the plain pink wire and it has been identified in the manual is ignition in and out. My question is then, is this an either/or scenerio. Either use the pink wires loop, to loop the ignition OR just tie the pink wire to true ignition and its done, as I believe will be the case with my Jeep. And if that is true, can I just tape off and not use the pink /white and pink /black wires? Thanks you guys are awesome.
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2016 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
You will need all three of the heavy guage wires RED,RED / Black. and RED / White hooked to Constant +12 volts
Pink to Ignition
Pink/White to Ignition 2
Orange to Accessory
Green to key side of starter
Violet to starter side   (For R/S only output if Starter kill and anti-grind are not used) "Don't cut starter wire"
No other heavy gauge wire will be need and should be tapped off!
The Pink is a sense for "No remote disarm" and to enter "Programming" and output for remote start.
mai42356 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2016 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mai42356
Thank you for the info.
Do you know what the actual function of the white /blue wire?
The manual states "Remote Start/ Turbo Timer Activation". Does this mean that the remote start will not function without this wire being grounded? I am not sure what this function maps to or how it is to used.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2016 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
It is a remote start turn on wire in it's default setting, You can turn on the remote start with out a Viper remote fob.
You can turn on the remote start with this wire connected to a momentary button connected to ground, connected to the alarm or OEM PKE negative lock output, or any other negative pulsed output. The settings can be changed from the standard 1 pulse count to 2 pulses to turn on the remote start.
For example you could hook it to the vehicle negative lock in vehicle that has a single negative to lock, and hit the Factory key fob lock button twice and turn on remote start. Twice again to turn off.
If you have a turbo charged car you can hook this up and set Turbo mode to on-(minutes) and it will keep the engine running for the set amount of time to allow the turbo to cool down before engine turns off. Remove key and walk away and engine will turn off after set time expires.
mai42356 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2016 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mai42356
Thanks for heads up. I grounded this wire full time with the rest of my grounded leads before I read your post reply and to my great relief the remote start works as described in the manual. This was my first DEI based install so I am very happy with the results. I have done tons of Alpines and older Clifford and Avitols, but nothing quite like this one.
So thanks again for all the up to date insight. Regards, Michael
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2016 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Hooking it up to constant ground shouldn't hurt anything as it is a pulsed input to activate, but don't leave it that way.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic