the12volt.com spacer
icon

tried to install Directed electronics PKE unit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
leghorn 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2016 at 1:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote leghorn
tried to install the directed electronics module along side a viper 3303v alarm system, linked the d2d port connected the 2 antennas in different locations. Had the alarm control button rewired through pke module... successfully programmed the key fob...
but could not get the unit to function (lock and unlock doors) key fob was working as it supposed to but doors would not lock.
Tried to do factory reset on pke unit red light would not flash 5 times. tried this a number of times no luck.
I'm thinking it might have something to do with the 10wire plug I didn't connect. "what wires were supposed to be used?"
please any help would be great :)
I thought I needed the xpresskit interface module. but I was advised it would work without it.
thanks rip
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2016 at 2:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
First you can't use 2 antennas and connect them together you need to follow the PKE install for the Standalone if you want 2 antennas.
Since you didn't list the PKE model I would guess it's the 2102T which is where I got the Type 4 install from below.
Which states"• RF pass through making it virtually plug and play with most Viper, Clifford, Python or Autostart remote starters and security systems.
If the 3303v can be interfaced with the PKE you need to use 1 antenna and connect the PKE and Alarm together with the D2D following the PKE install type matching you configuration "Probably the Type 4".
Don't know if The 3303v or the PKE support each other but you can try it and see, if not then you will need to do 2 separate stand alone installs for each.
Otherwise you can change out the alarm for a Alarm/Remote start or remote start models below. As the PKE can be interfaced with any DEI remote start, Smart start or the 4x10/5x10. The 5x10 being the Security/Remote start.
It will work without the xpresskit interface as your not doing remote start (no immobilizer or transponder to bypass for remote start) with the systems you have. With the interface there would have been less wiring due to the functions being done thru data to the vehicle instead of having to hard wire them.
leghorn 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2016 at 3:01 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote leghorn
so just try again and disconnect one of the antenna plugs
thanks rip
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2016 at 3:04 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
If it is the 2102T PKE and you have it hooked up using the type 4 install.
With the Type 4 install the one of the antenna wires needs to be connected between the PKE and alarm for RF pass thru.
leghorn 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2016 at 3:13 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote leghorn
its set to use 2 antennas as a default setting, do I have to change that setting to option 3 use only one antenna.
thanks rip
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2016 at 3:32 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Haven't installed a PKE my self but based on the diagram and manual the settings are for the PKE close range antenna's not the long range antenna from the 3303v alarm. As each short-range antenna has a maximum distance it works at. You can add a additional 3rd antenna to increase it reception at the given distance it's rated for by adding another zone as on Page 5 of the PKE manual.
Follow the Type 4 install with all wires listed connected for the PKE to vehicle and alarm.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2016 at 3:44 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
The PKE module (NOT Remote FOB) is paired to the alarm just like another alarm remote. So following the Pairing order is a must.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2016 at 3:54 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
For clarification by using 1 antenna I was referring to the long range antenna that comes with the 3303v. Thought you had 2 of them hooked up. When I read farther i realized you were talking about the short range antennas. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2016 at 9:39 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
I did a few with Viper 5X04/6 etc. 2 close range antennae and as you say the PKE is daisy chained between the long range antenna and the alarm unit and the PKE must be paired as a fob.
Mind you it's a piece of garbage!
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2016 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
@howie II Will take your word for them being garbage. It's a novel idea for a stand alone add on when a alarm or R/S aren't being added also. Would be better if they just added the PKE functionally to a long range remote as a Additional function for Alarm and R/S systems though. Still 1 FOB to carry that way.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic