icon

2001 Nissan Micra K11, Installing Alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
turbazzz 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2016 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys, I bought a alarm kit off eBay.   It's got two solenoids for central locking, remotes ,immobiliser and alarm.
Throughout this post I am referring to my wiring diagram which I will try to upload but cannot do it ? Can I email it to somebody can they do it for me ? None of my questions below with a make sense unless they can see the diagram.
The car I am trying to fit it in is a Nissan Micra k11 2001 3dr no electric windows no central locking.    But it has factory immobiliser   
I understand a few basics of wiring but I'm still amateur.    can someone please give me   directions to get this installed. I have had a look at the wiring diagram and I have a few questions( The bits which are puzzling me)
Please don't laugh I am new to this.
1.Where do I get my 12 V Source from ? Off any constant?    Does it need to come from the fuse box ( like in some modern cars they have a fuse in the fuse box labelled central locking)
2. In the diagram it says at the top centre *manual* I don't understand where this needs to be wired
3. In the diagram the brown wire says flashlight    Where is this to be connected ?
4. The vehicle has a factory immobiliser, should I leave this in and not bother connecting the immobiliser bit in The diagram.
5. Why have they provided me with a relay where does this go ?
6.   Some of these wires I don't think are going to reach should I just extend Them?
7. Out of the brain unit the black wire which goes to 12 V source there is two blacks
Slightly confusing one goes to some picture that looks like a torch The other is ground   The last one is 12 V battery        Not sure how this works
8. I don't understand any of the ignition Part. But would i need this ?
9 why would I need to connect it to the footbrake do I need this again ?
Sorry for the list of questions.   But if somebody can make me understand that I reckon I can wire it up !   
I'm going to post the diagram and the kit I have Pics
turbazzz 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2016 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  
2001 Nissan Micra K11, Installing Alarm -- posted image.
2001 Nissan Micra K11, Installing Alarm -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2016 at 2:46 AM / IP Logged  
This would be the shape before the current 2002 on?
If so.
1)Power source 12 V+ thick white at fuse box.
Earth (ground) to any mounting bolt above kick panels or battery NEG.
2) Manual refers to adding an internal switch to the central locking, SPCO momentary.
3) Your indicators, left and right (steering column loom).
4) Yes, leave it.
5) See number 4, but frankly if you don't understand even that, should you be attempting this?
6)Yes solder and insulate,shrink sleeving etc. Or position unit where they will reach.
7) Ignore and see my answer 1).
8) White to ignition MANDATORY, prevents unit turning on whilst driving.
9) No idea but may be connected to automatic locking in conjunction with the answer to 8).
turbazzz 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2016 at 3:49 AM / IP Logged  
2001 k11 The shape changed after 2003 micra
Spco momunteray sorry what's this ?
So I'm looking at a thick white cable at the fuse box. Is this where I join my white cable from the brain?
Sorry what do you mean is MANDATORY me connecting up to the ignition system ?
Thank you so much for your reply.   I need a bit more detail on these things   
Anybody is willing to help Me. That Lives nearby much appreciated   I live in Leicester UK or if you have face time or Skype and are willing to help me I can give you my add.   Thanks guys I really need to get this done !😀
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2016 at 6:08 AM / IP Logged  
1.Where do I get my 12 V Source from ? Off any constant?    Does it need to come from the fuse box ( like in some modern cars they have a fuse in the fuse box labelled central locking)
This is always a 12v (+) battery constant on a wire large enough to handle the draw of the alarm system or direct to battery preferred for alarms.
2. In the diagram it says at the top centre *manual* I don't understand where this needs to be wired.
If you want to operate the central locking with a manual switch from inside the vehicle, location of your choice. Wired as in the diagram using the switch type listed.
3. In the diagram the brown wire says flashlight    Where is this to be connected ?
Blinkers(turn signals) wired to each side left and right after switch. Both brown wires are Positive then fuse symbol then light bulb (Indicating light) symbol and ground symbol. basicaly showing the circuits for each light side.
4. The vehicle has a factory immobilizer, should I leave this in and not bother connecting the immobilizer bit in The diagram.
Unless this unit has a anti-car jacking (theft) that would shut down the engine after a timed duration when activated. Some Chinese units call this Anit-Robbery and have a 18 seconds timed delay to ignition shutdown. If you want this feature then you would need to cut the ignition wire and hook in the provided relay.
5. Why have they provided me with a relay where does this go ?
Applies to 4 above.
6.   Some of these wires I don't think are going to reach should I just extend Them?
Once you have determined a location for the unit that the majority of the wires will reach. Then extend the ones that don't trying to match colors if you can.
7. Out of the brain unit the black wire which goes to 12 V source there is two blacks
Slightly confusing one goes to some picture that looks like a torch The other is ground   The last one is 12 V battery        Not sure how this works
This is new to me but would think that they are choices for the ground connection. As the first is the horn symbol the second is chassis ground and third is battery.
8. I don't understand any of the ignition Part. But would i need this ?
First part White alarm wire is required! The second for the segmented box (is a symbol of a relay short segmented ignition wire for where to cut, and right symbol is the coil) is a optional connection for the Engine cut-off. To cut the ignition 12v (ON) wire coming from the key if you use the the cut-off relay you would need to attach the White wire from the alarm to the key side of the cut ignition wire at the relay. Alarm yellow wire is ground for coil side of relay pin 85, pins 86 and 87a are both connected to key side of vehicle ignition wire with the White wire above, and vehicle side of cut ignition wire is connected to pin 30.
9. why would I need to connect it to the foot-brake do I need this again ?
With out reading the install guide it will probably be needed to enter programming mode as some of the Chinese unit use this for that purpose. Units that have Remote start will also use this to shutdown the Remote start as well.
turbazzz 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2016 at 6:57 AM / IP Logged  
Massive thanks to you is getting clearer !!
So this second white wire which goes to ignition key    Is that a must to connect ?
Or only if I'm going to use The hijack mode or immobiliser so to speak, is that correct ?
If so I think I'm going to leave it out.   So that middle connector I do not need to plug it in.   I will be not using power Windows or trunk   
Would this be okay ?
I am mainly doing this for the Remote Central locking.   I'm going to leave the manual switch Out should not affect the remote capability should it ?
Back to the first red wire.   You pointed out a thick enough cable or direct to battery.    Is there a special connector I can buy which enables me to wir e to the battery ?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2016 at 7:48 AM / IP Logged  
OK coming back to this.
So this second white wire which goes to ignition key Is that a must to connect ?
Manual switch is irrelevant. Up to you.
Red wire to battery feed on fuse box (usually white) or constant to ignition switch. You have no need to run to the battery.
Also whilst you're in the steering column loom, the indicators are GREEN / WHITE and GREEN/ black POS in that loom or at the hazard switch.
Door trigger is red in driver kick panel goes to blue on alarm.
PLEASE TEST All the above you only need a 12v+ test light for this car and I can take no responsibility, I haven't worked on this model in over 15 years.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2016 at 8:16 AM / IP Logged  
turbazzz wrote:
Massive thanks to you is getting clearer !!
So this second white wire which goes to ignition key    Is that a must to connect ?
Yes if you don't want the alarm to go off while driving down the road, siren blaring and lights flashing.
turbazzz wrote:
Or only if I'm going to use The hijack mode or immobiliser so to speak, is that correct ?
NO
turbazzz wrote:
If so I think I'm going to leave it out.   So that middle connector I do not need to plug it in.   I will be not using power Windows or trunk   
Would this be okay ?
NO
turbazzz wrote:
I am mainly doing this for the Remote Central locking.   I'm going to leave the manual switch Out should not affect the remote capability should it ?
No It's optional
turbazzz wrote:
Back to the first red wire.   You pointed out a thick enough cable or direct to battery.    Is there a special connector I can buy which enables me to wir e to the battery ?
If you primary goal is not Security only Central locking then use a Power and ground inside of vehicle. The point of going to battery is so if the battery wires are cut from underneath the vehicle the alarm will still have power.
turbazzz 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2016 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged  
Many thanks to both of you for helping me !
So taking 12v +. From the car stereo would this be okay ?   Will not burn anything out ?
And from the middle connector the only wire which I'm going to connect is white to 12v+.   Can again this be to the stereo
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2016 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged  
While connecting to the turn signals as you will already be there connect the white to the switched ignition and the Red to the battery positive feeding the ignition switch.
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic