icon

2001 Nissan Micra K11, Installing Alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
turbazzz 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2016 at 3:57 AM / IP Logged  
What do I do with the wires I am not using just cut them short ?
What do I do with the double black one, because you said earlier its given me a choice of earth. Should I join both wires in separate places ? I think you said the first symbol was horn,ground then batt
Also do you know The yellow wire, I don't need this right ? Is it okay to cut this short...
Okay so you said the five amp wire is good to use but some of these things have higher fuses like 15amps.   Or does it not work like this...
Also guys I really appreciate you replying to me,   may seem as ridiculous questions but it's making me understand now.   With the information I have obtained I feel pretty confident now    I will be testing each wire as I go along, and making sure I do things neatly, tie wraps and soldering joints along in making sure every think is discreet and hidden.
If anybody search this installation May help them also! Great stuff cheers.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2016 at 6:21 AM / IP Logged  
Don't cut them, tape them up neatly.
You'll need the yellow if you use the starter cut relay.
Do NOT do an ignition cut, too dangerous if anything works loose and you're driving at speed.
turbazzz 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2016 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Do NOT do an ignition cut, too dangerous if anything works loose and you're driving at speed.
What you mean by this? Dont cut igniton wire?
turbazzz 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2016 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  
I thought you guys to told me underneath the steering column find ignition cut that and join it.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2016 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  
Nope. Ignition cuts are too risky driving along and the joint fails?
Only ever do starter cuts, if you follow my diagram you'll see I showed a starter cut.
turbazzz 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2016 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  
Completely confused now.
I'm getting confused in the terminology maybe, are we talking about ignition as in the barrel or igniton as a wire
Because my fundamentals and terminology is probably wrong am getting confused.
Ok so I'm going to tell you what I understand you can correct me if needed
So we have acc, igniton,constant [wires]
Acc-- when you turn the key one turn you get power in this wire
Ignition-- when you turn the key to turns
Constant-- has power when the vehicle has no key at all times
Now you want me to wire to the cables which are going to the barrel ( underneath the steering )
Red to a constant 12v wire
White to acc or ignition.
That's what I understood until the last post!    Now are you saying don't touch ignition wires
Sorry am lost
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2016 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged  
You forgot the starter wire that's the BLACK/ PINK in the diagram you should have looked at by now.That's the one you cut for the immobiliser.
You connect the alarm's WHITE wire to the BLACK/ RED ignition wire.
turbazzz 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2016 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  
Ok so there's another wire starter.   I will not be joining anything to this though Would i?
I'm not using imobiliser function
You said earlier ignition cuts are too risky only ever do starter.   What do you mean by this?
Because I'm not using the immobiliser function or relay which is supplied. Does this still apply
I know you said join white wire to ignition but why does the manual say ACC ?
Also I'm going to be doing all the joining underneath the steering column on the ignition harness ? This is okay ?
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2016 at 4:07 AM / IP Logged  
turbazzz wrote:
Ok so there's another wire starter.   I will not be joining anything to this though Would i?
I'm not using imobiliser function
NO, since your not using the imbolizer you don't need to cut any vehicle wires for starter or (ignition, told not to do by howie II)!
turbazzz wrote:
You said earlier ignition cuts are too risky only ever do starter.   What do you mean by this?
Because I'm not using the immobiliser function or relay which is supplied. Does this still apply
NO
If you don't make a good reliable connections to the ignition wires they can fail while driving causing the engine to stop losing power to electric power steering and hydraulic pressure on engine driven power steering vehicles.
turbazzz wrote:
I know you said join white wire to ignition but why does the manual say ACC ?
Manual says ACC/ON which is only when the ignition is in the on position. Chinese manual translations not the greatest to work from.
turbazzz wrote:
Also I'm going to be doing all the joining underneath the steering column on the ignition harness ? This is okay ?
Where ever it works for you as long as the connection is made it doesn't matter where.
turbazzz 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2016 at 5:57 AM / IP Logged  
So I'm supposed to connect the white wire to ignition, but you're telling me not to cut the ignition wire ? How am i supposed to join it without cutting into it ?
Howie said in the previous message use the starter not igniton! He is fully aware I'm not using the alarms immobiliser function, why would he say to use this to confuse matters...
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic