the12volt.com spacer
icon

Bitwritter?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bogucki 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2016 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bogucki
hey guys
i bought the bitwritter for the directed systems i.e. vipers as i mostly install them, ( i must say using the bitwirtter is so much better for programming the brain ) my question is i want to install the autostart brand by directed will the bitwitter work with that system as well? it seams to work will all the other directed brands i.e. clifford, Python but i can't find only info on the autostart i seams i need the autostart prg-1000 and i really dont want to buy that as well
boguckialex
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2016 at 12:31 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Should work with all ESP2 compatible (3 or 4-pin). It is also compatible with Astrostart, Autostart and Xpresskit products.
Non-compatible systems include 3001L and older
AM1/AM5 models.
The Autostart AS-PRG-1000 is a older tool that has a wider range of functions like OBDII read and clear codes, PC update-able, Find and test for Tach sources, Program remotes and test remotes, and is a lot more money.
bogucki 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2016 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bogucki
well i installed a autostart today and tried to use the bitwritter and it will not work with the autostart brand :( il guess il have to save up and get the asprg-1000
boguckialex
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2016 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
What was the model? The ESP2 units are supposed to be comatiable.
Is the bitwriter a v2.9?
For sure the 2.9 update added support for the ca. automate brand which is supposed to be the same as autostart and astroflex.
bogucki 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2016 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bogucki
it was the Autostart AS-2381TWFM , and there is no bitwritter port on it to like the vipers have i tried using the data to data ( red port) all the bitwritter says can't read
boguckialex
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2016 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
A non ESP2 unit that's why.
DEI is consolidating there lines to have less hardware variations to cut production costs. They will have 1 CPU for any given line accross all brands in any given tier. Now that they have the same antenna freq. and coding approved in the usa and cannada.
The new xkloader 3 and app is supposed to support all their units including programming the bypasses in the vehicle. One stop for everything.
bogucki 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2016 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bogucki
ok how do you tell if the autostart cpu is a ESP2 Unit? so soon il be able to use the bitwritter on the brand new autostart models
and yes its the bitwritter 2.9
boguckialex
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2016 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
The only way I know of to help tell is the 1 mile or 1/2 mile range IVU antenna port for the lastest added brands will be a Green 6 pin port, like Viper Python Clifford and some Avital all use now. For the newer antenna's that have led and valet button built in, but use a shared ground between the antenna and the led and valet button. So you have LED, Receive Power,Ground,Transmit,Valet. This changeover has been going on for a couple of years accross all DEI brands. Every year they include more brands. The Cananda brands were the last ones to start this processes. They now only have 1 install manual for some of the higher end tier for multiple brands.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2016 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Autostart AS-2381TWFM is a 2013 model, so it isn't new enough to be the new generation. Look for the newer antennas also 6111T, 6211T, and the 6816T which I believe replaces the 6711T if not the 6111T and 6211T also.
6816T Direct replacement for the Viper 3606, 3706, 3806, 4606, 4706, 4806, 5606, 5706 and 5806 remote start and security systems.
Also works with the Clifford Line! Only works with the 2014 Line models and remotes
From what I have seen it looks like they are moving to 2 core component bases for antenna/remotes,the 6816T and the 6112T. With 3 or 4 tiers total, starting with Readyremote, Avital that replaced Valet, then 2 tiers for Viper,Python.Clifford, and maybe Avital. The remaining brands are Autostart, Astrostart, Automate and remains to be seen what they will do with these brands in the markets. Looks like they dropped astroflex like they did valet.
bogucki 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2016 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bogucki
ok i will keep a eye out for the new models of the autostart with the new antennas
thanks so much for the info
boguckialex
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic