the12volt.com spacer
icon

2001 Ram 1500 - Projector / DRL Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jed2009 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2016 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jed2009
Hi all,
I just got some new projector lights for my 2001 Ram 1500. The lights work great - low, high and parking. The lights included a LED Strip designed to be DRL. I don't think my truck has DRL, but I would like to wire this strip up. My idea is to just be able to wire it to the parking lights. The headlight option on my truck is "Off, Parking, Headlights", so if I just flip it to "Parking" I'd like my parking + LED strip to be on.
I don't know the first thing about wiring, but I do have mechanical aptitude if someone were to walk me through it. Each light came with two wires and a box coming from the LED strip. One red, one black, leading into a small box. Coming out of the small box are two black wires. What should I do to find out what wire to splice these into? Does one need to be grounded and the other spliced? Should I not wire it to another wire and instead do something else?
2001 Ram 1500 - Projector / DRL Wiring -- posted image.
Thanks for any help!
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie - 5.9L
jed2009 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2016 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jed2009
Sorry for the thread! I was getting impatient, so tried it myself. Threading into the parking light wire worked like a dream. They turn on with the parking lights, and don't flash during signals, either!
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie - 5.9L

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic