the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 4806v, 2013 Tacoma without bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
justrob 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2016 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote justrob
2013 Toyota Tacoma - 4 cyl Non-G key
I may have made an error in doing my research. I have been under the assumption that I didn't need a bypass but after installing my Viper 4806 today I discovered that the remote start doesn't engage the starter.
I have learned the tach. My tach wire is connected to the obd2 pin.
I have selected automatic transmission mode in menu 3, item 1, option 2.
Before I gave up for the evening to have dinner, I did a diagnostic and it gave me the 3 flash (low or no RPM).
The truck starts if the key is used. If the remote start is pressed while the truck is running and the key removed, the truck continues to run until it's stopped via key fob.
In searching similar problems here on the12volt I came across a few similar threads but their setups all reference having a bypass of some sort. Am I mistaken that I didn't need a bypass for my remote start system? Any feedback would be helpful, thank you.
I would have done more research on my own but I've been relegated to the Quick Reference install guide, the user manual and a tacoma specific wire diagram (I believe from bulldog).
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2016 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Try this for the Tach and see if it makes a difference:
2013 Toyota Tacoma Remote Start Wiring Instructions
Vehicle Battery Positive Wire (+): WHITE/ Blue and WHITE/ Red
Vehicle Battery Positive Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness
Vehicle Ignition Wire (+): Blue / YELLOW
Vehicle Ignition Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness
Vehicle Second Ignition Wire (+): BLACK/ Red
Vehicle Second Ignition Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness
Vehicle Accessory Wire (+): WHITE/ Green
Vehicle Accessory Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness
Vehicle Second Accessory Wire (+): N/A
Vehicle Second Accessory Wire Location: N/A
Automobile Engine Starter Wire (+): BLACK/ White
Automobile Engine Starter Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness
Automobile Second Engine Starter Wire (-): GREEN/ Black
Automobile Second Engine Starter Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness
Factory Anti-Theft System: Vehicle Key Immobilizer
Factory Anti-Theft System Type: Key Sends a RF Signal to the BCM Module
Crankshaft Sensor Wire: N/A
Crankshaft Sensor Wire Location: N/A
Camshaft Sensor Wire: N/A
Camshaft Sensor Wire Location: N/A
Car Key Sense Wire (-): GREEN/ Black
Car Key Sense Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness
Car Neutral Safety Wire (-): N/A
Car Neutral Safety Wire Location: N/A
Car Tachometer Wire (-): BLACK/ White
Car Tachometer Wire Location: At Under Dash Fuse Box
Car Speed Sense Wire: N/A
Car Speed Sense Wire Location: N/A
Car Parking Lights Wire (-): Green
Car Parking Lights Wire Location: At Under Dash Fuse Box
Car Brake Lights Wire (+): Blue
Car Brake Lights Wire Location: At Brake Switch Above Brake Pedal
Car Reverse Lights Wire (+): Red
Car Reverse Lights Wire Location: In Harness in Passenger Kick Panel
Car Horn Wire (-): GREEN/ Red
Car Horn Wire Location: At Under Dash Fuse Box
Car Rear Defrost Wire: N/A
Car Rear Defrost Wire Location: N/A
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2016 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Otherwise hold the head of the key against the cylinder with out inserting the blade then try and remote start. If it starts and stays running you need a transponder bypass like the PKALL.
justrob 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2016 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote justrob
Verified that my key isn't chipped, no result. Same 3 startup cycle without crank when my key was near the ignition.
My violet/white tach input is connected to the BLACK/ white wire, though it was found at the obd2 port, near the dash fuse panel, not in it. I looked through the connectors there and there doesn't appear to be a BLACK/ white wire amongst the fuse box so I'll assume I have the correct location.
justrob 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2016 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote justrob
Still returns a 3-flash, no or low rpm code.
justrob 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2016 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote justrob
Well the 3 flash code seems to have resolved itself or been replaced with what is now a 7-flash timer mode/turbo timer/manual mode error.
The difficulty and frustration in programming this with the control center really makes me want to buy a bit writer in hopes that it would help me overcome and errors I'm having.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2016 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Need to make sure it's set to auto trans mode, as if it has manual tran option it will be set to it by default.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2016 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Other things to check that weren't missed!
Neutral saftey switch plugged in and in the on position.
24 Pin 13 BLACK/ WHITE*** (-) NEUTRAL SAFETY /PARKING BRAKE INPUT *** Ground this wire for automatic transmission vehicles.
Verify Tach with DMM set to AC or DC then ground one probe and look for voltage change with RPM change.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2016 at 7:45 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
Could you list your wire connections from the Viper to the truck.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2016 at 2:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
If you probe the Purple starter wire with DMM when Remote starting is it going to +12v?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic